- $70,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental
Our client, based out of Ancaster, is seeking to hire an Executive Housekeeper, as an integral part of their team. This is a very unique role that would be best described as a trusted person that will maintain the residence on a daily basis. This role includes a fully furnished one bedroom apartment where the right candidate may reside.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Keeping the day-to-day operations of the residence running smoothly and ensuring the home is meticulously maintained is the most important part of this role.
- Indoor maintenance, cleaning and housekeeping
- Greeting and allowing maintenance people onto the property, per the advisement and notice by the family.
- Answering the door and receiving deliveries
- High and low dusting, maintenance and cleanliness of all furniture, accessories and décor, cleaning baseboards, doors, windows, complete cleaning of all levels of the home including living and family rooms, bedrooms, hallways, bathrooms, and staircases.
- Vacuuming and mopping of all floors and vacuuming of all area rugs (steam cleaning when necessary)
- Dusting, vacuuming and mopping and complete cleaning of all storage areas and furnace rooms
- Cleaning and maintenance of windows, doors, light fixtures, and chandeliers
- Manage garbage and recycling routines. Keep garbage and storage area clean and organized. Leave garbage out for pick up every week. Garage cleaning.
- Assist with pet care cleaning including bathing and cleanup, including dog room floor washing, cleaning dog bedding, cages, dishes.
- Cleaning of all storage areas including furniture, floors, windows, walls and mechanical rooms.
- Keep front foyer, porch entrance doors, upper and lower level patios, patio furniture, are clean.
- Caring for house plants, and floral arrangements
- Maintenance of the pool
- Preparing for arrival and departure of family and guests
The 3 main qualifications of this private position is being responsible for ensuring that the household is clean, organized, and well-maintained. To excel in this role, there are three main qualifications that the candidate should possess.
- Experience and Skills: A solid background in cleaning, organization, and laundry. Experience in maintaining a clean and tidy household and be knowledgeable in the proper use of cleaning products and tools. Excellent time-management and organizational skills are also essential to effectively manage the many tasks and responsibilities that come with the role.
- Trustworthiness and Reliability: As a private housekeeper, you will be working in a family’s home and will have access to their personal belongings. Therefore, you must be trustworthy and reliable, with a proven track record of honesty and dependability. You must respect the family’s privacy and be discreet in your duties.
- Professionalism and Communication: You must be professional in your demeanor and communication. You must have strong communication skills to be able to effectively communicate with the family and understand their needs and expectations. Additionally, you should be able to maintain a professional and respectful relationship with the family, while also ensuring that your tasks and responsibilities are carried out to the highest standard.
Overall, the three main qualifications are experience and skills, trustworthiness and reliability, and professionalism and communication. With these qualifications, you will be able to excel in your role and provide a high level of service to the family.
Who You Are
- Friendly with a good work/life attitude
- Ability to self-manage your time
- Use initiative and are proactive
- Flexible, amenable, and reliable
- Clean driving licence
- Provide attention to detail and take pride in your work
- Previous experience essential with references
What You Receive
- An opportunity to work with a couple that considers their staff part of the family.
- Competitive salary
- Work week would be from Tuesday to Saturday with Sunday and Monday off.
- When guests or children are at the residence, hours may be longer than normal and it is possible that you may have to work on your scheduled day off. Flexibility is very important. However, during those occasions, additional days off will be provided to compensate for the additional efforts being made for the family.
- 3 weeks vacation, to be coordinated with those of our client.
- On-site private full apartment, with own entrance, kitchen and bathroom and all utilities included
Note: For security reasons, a credit and background check are required for this role.
Platinum EdgeAncaster, ON
Get fresh Executive Housekeeper jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.