Outstanding Registered Nurse, RN Behavioral Health Care Facilitator Opportunity at Joint Base Langley-Eustis (JBLE), VA!
Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care providers at JBLE and experience the pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!* Elevate your career by applying for our RN Behavioral Health Care Facilitator Opportunity in support of JBLE, VA!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full Time Position Days, Monday – Friday!
* NO Weekends! NO Call!
* PTO! 10 Paid Federal Holidays! 5 Paid Family Days!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of the Behavioral Health team, provides mental health clinical case management, care coordination and disease management. This includes, but is not limited to the conditions of depression, anxiety disorders, tobacco cessation, weight management, TBI and PTSD. Monitors and facilitates adherence to treatments, provides education, coordinates care, and maintains data registries, performs full scope of clinical nursing in the execution of outpatient mental health care.
* Proactively identifies and evaluates patients and targeted populations for mental health case management, care coordination and facilitation, and conditions monitoring from a variety of sources such as Behavioral Health or primary care provider referrals, discharge planning, Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) process, facility staff and patient self-referral. Conducts systematic, on-going, thorough assessment of patient’s emotional, psychological, social and medical status, prescribed medications, behavioral health referrals/treatments, and other pertinent information via direct patient or telephonic contact, or other relevant sources such as professional and non-professional caregivers and the medical records.
* Develops, executes and provides ongoing monitoring of appropriate patient-specific plan of care including short and long term goals, objectives and actions. Coordinates and collaborates on the care plan along with the patient, family/caregiver, and healthcare team.
* Identifies, develops and executes appropriate targeted population-based mental health disease management activities such as, but not limited to individual and/or group patient contacts and training programs.
* Serves as an advocate for and ensures appropriate education is provided to the patient or targeted populations for the purpose of promoting adherence to treatment plans, self-care actions, and education programs. Ensures activities match the level of the patient’s clinical risk, readiness to change and health literacy.
* Identifies, collects, monitors, interprets and evaluates measureable outcome data within established time frames according to local/AF/DoD requirements. Submits reports as required per local/AF/DoD policy and guidance.
* Educates/trains the healthcare team and facility staff on policies and procedures for utilization and implementation of guidelines, protocols and other behavioral health and mental health disease management activities.
* Coordinates and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, designated facility meetings, and Care Coordination meetings. Shares knowledge and experiences gained from own clinical nursing practice and education relevant to mental health nursing and case management. Participates in local, AF, DoD and national teleconferences as required and relative to the program operations and reporting requirements.
* Participates in the orientation, education and training of other staff. May serve on committees, work groups, and task forces at the facility.
* Must maintain a level of productivity and quality consistent with: complexity of the assignment; facility policies and guidelines; established principles, ethics, standards, and scope of practice for professional mental health nursing as outlined by the American Nurses Association and the American Psychiatric Nurses Association; the American Hospital Association’s Bill of Rights for Patients, the Case Management Society of America (CMSA), American Accreditation Healthcare Commission/Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC); Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC); Health Services Inspection (HSI); and other applicable DoD and Service specific guidance and policies. Must also comply with the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Program, infection control and safety policies and procedures.
* Follows applicable local MTF/AF/DoD instructions, policies and guidelines.
* Completes electronic medical record documentation, coding and designated tracking logs and data reporting as required by local MTF/AF/DoD instructions, policies and guidance.
* Completes all required electronic medical record training, MTF-specific orientation and training programs, and AF/DoD mandated training applicable to the job.
* Has a thorough understanding of psychopharmacology and psychotropic medications, administers medications and monitors patient response to medications.
* Education: Shall be a graduate from an associate (ADN) or baccalaureate (BSN) degree program in nursing accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
* Licensure: Maintains an active, valid, current, and unrestricted license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) to practice nursing as a registered nurse in any US state/jurisdiction.
* Experience: 1) Shall have a minimum of 3 years’ experience for ADN or 2 years’ experience for BSN in mental health nursing within the last 4 years. 2) Must have practiced in a mental health setting within the last 12 months.
* Clinical Certification: 1) Certified OR Certification Eligible by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse with 2 years full time experience in mental health.
* Life Support Certification: Possess and maintain a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
* Additional Required Knowledge and Skills: 1) Ability to effectively apply core case management functions: a) assessment and identification of patients for case management and need for an established plan of care; b) collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver, and members of the health care team for developing an effective plan of care; c) facilitation of care coordination and communication among all involved parties; d) advocate for the patient and family/caregivers to ensure identified education and appropriate, timely care is received. 2) Ability to effectively apply core disease management principles to mental health conditions: a) assessment and identification of target populations; b) implementation and execution of Clinical Practice Guidelines or standards; c) collaboration and coordination of activities with other healthcare members; d) promotion and education of patient self-management actions; e) collection, analysis and reporting on identified process and outcome metrics. 3) Knowledge of medical privacy and confidentiality (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act [HIPAA]), and accreditation standards of Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and The Joint Commission (TJC). 4) Working knowledge of computer applications/software to include Microsoft Office programs, MS Outlook (e-mail) and Excel. 5) Must be skillful and tactful in communicating with people who may be physically or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous. 6) Must demonstrate ability to apply critical thinking skills and expertise in resolving complicated healthcare, social, interpersonal and financial patient situations. 7) Must possess organization, problem-solving and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/care givers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous way.
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
STAFFING and SCHEDULING:
* Services shall be provided between the hours of 0730 – 1630, Monday through Friday. A one hour uncompensated lunch will be given during the shift as determined by the clinic.
* Position may require occasional care and air travel to points within the continental United States.
Platinum Business Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.platinumcorporation.com