Platform9 Systems, Inc. is the leading Managed Kubernetes provider for private and edge clouds. With a mission to enable freedom in cloud computing, the company delivers cloud-native technologies with SaaS simplicity that are easy to operate and scale, while supporting broad cloud capabilities that run on any infrastructure. The company’s SaaS management model has been proven to eliminate management complexity and costs through automated cluster upgrades, security patches, and fully-managed monitoring and troubleshooting across multiple points of presence, edge sites, and data centers with guaranteed SLAs. Headquartered in Mountain View, CA, Platform9 clients include enterprises such as Starbucks, Redfin, Kingfisher Retail, Cloudera, Juniper Networks and Mavenir.
We are looking for a driven, analytically curious Financial Manager who is looking for wide exposure to many functions within a fast-growing startup. This highly visible and unique position, reporting to the VP of Finance, will support and collaborate with the Executive Team with the development and achievement of short- and long-term financial goals.
As our Finance Manager, you will develop departmental budgets aligned with the Company’s strategic goals. You will regularly analyze and report out on progress, and provide insightful recommendations that enable data-driven decision making. You will work closely with our Accounting team to drive monthly and quarterly close responsibilities, and be an integral player in completing the Company’s first financial audit. You will drive financial and operational improvements that will have a direct impact on the financial success of the organization.
- Own strategic financial planning (long-term), and annual operating plan cycles
- Perform monthly reconciliations and BVA (Budget vs Actuals) reporting
- Develop and update board presentations, investor reporting and other supporting materials related to fundraising
- Manage the preparation and delivery of departmental and company-wide financial reports
- Calculate monthly sales commission and other variable incentives
- Create and maintain metrics and KPIs, and identify key growth drivers
- Identify and help execute various financial and operational improvement initiatives, including implementation of a financial reporting system
- Use financial modeling to simulate financial scenarios
- Ad hoc analyses
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Proficient in Excel; experience with large and varied data sets
- Ability to synthesize complex problems into actionable recommendations
- Familiarity with Finance and Accounting principles, and experience working with a GL system, such as Quickbooks
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working experience in Accounting, Finance or Operations, preferably with a background in FP&A
- Experience with Quickbooks, or other GL system
To succeed in this role you’ll need to be a team player with a strong sense of ownership for your work and a passion for working in a data driven organization.
Platform9 Core Values
1. Customer Obsession
2. Highest Standards
3. We bias towards action, and against decisions by committee
4. Take Ownership
6. Radically Candid
7. We value disruptive innovation
Powered by JazzHR