Sr. Data Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we're working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior / Staff Data Analyst to help us process large amounts of raw information into strategic insights for consumption by our Product, Engineering, and Leadership teams. As a Senior / Staff Data Analyst, you will be the face of the Data Team to other parts of the company.
In this role you should be highly analytical, have strong SQL skills, and be proficient at creating and presenting visualizations. You have excellent communication skills both written and verbally, with proven experience communicating highly technical information to a variety of audiences.
You will be a company wide advocate and resource for data informed decision making. You will help to mentor and grow the data team both in terms of technical skills and process improvements.
What You'll Do:
- Leverage our modern data stack (dbt, Snowflake, Tableau) in order to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to enable business-critical decisions
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to define, build, and analyze meaningful KPIs for our applications and systems
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data visualization and data-mining to create data alerts and derive actionable insights
- Filter, clean, and transform data from a variety of sources in order to enable analysis
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a data analyst
- 3+ years of experience with reporting and visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, Domo etc
- Advanced SQL skills including multiple-table joins, unions, sub-queries, CTE, aggregations, temporary tables, and analytical functions
- Technical expertise regarding all things data, including: mining, modeling, transforming, cleansing, and validating
- Ability to take vague requests and transform them into concise deliverables
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or equivalent experience
What would be great:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Python
- Experience with Data Build Tool (dbt)
- Expertise with Looker (we're migrating from Tableau to Looker)
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Python, numpy, pandas, R, Excel, etc.)
Platform Science Benefits Highlights:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (some plans for employees are 100% covered by Platform Science)
- Generous paid time off and company holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k matching
- Investment in your professional growth in the company
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.
AddressSan Diego, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Platform Science