DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Shift Supervisor provides direct supervision of shift work for the manufacturing department. The Shift Supervisor recruits, selects, trains, coaches, counsels, and disciplines subordinates. The Shift Supervisor ensures the company values, strategies, and objectives are executed, tracking metrics to ensure compliance and represents the end-user for engineering and validation projects, assisting in the generation of process setup and new production procedures/SOPs. The Shift Supervisor must commit to Kaizen and continuous improvement of processes in support of the Quality System and is directly responsible for production and maintenance supply procurement to ensure production schedule is met in a quality manner per site SOPs. The Shift Supervisor reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager.
Roles required of the position:
- Supervisor: Maintains quality service by enforcing organization standards and providing guidance to subordinates. Actively supports the quality and business requirements of the EMS and Quality Systems. Provides dotted line leadership to other departments on off shifts for safety and security issues.
- Fill/Pack, BFS Technician, IMM Technician, and Clean/Sanitization of Production: Provides oversight to direct reports performing this job role and assumes accountability for the work performed. Actively reviews reports and documents for compliance to requirements. Oversees and provides scheduling and guidance for machine maintenance.
- Engineer & Validation: Assists in the generation of new procedures to support new systems or new product realization projects. Participates in new line set-up and qualification.
- Product Realization/Planning: Reviews production schedule and coordinates with other shift supervisors assigning personnel to meet schedule demands.
- Purchasing: Uses the purchasing system to procure production and maintenance supplies.
- DCR System: Actively uses the DCR System to change or add new document requirements. Coaches direct reports in the writing and revision of documents.
- CIMP System: Provides direct support and management of continuous improvement and Kaisen events and projects.
- NCR System: Supports the nonconformance system through reporting of Nonconformances and supporting Quality in investigation activities. Provides reports and communication based on investigation findings.
- Training: Provides training to direct reports to support continued competency. Monitors employee progress and competency to promote continued employee growth.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Requirements: BS or related degree, with 5+ years experience in manufacturing management, and 5+ years in Medical Device and/or Pharmaceutical production facilities. Experience with systems and equipment related to Medical Device and/or Pharmaceutical manufacturing including production systems, Quality Systems, and ERP systems. Experience in ISO execution. Experience in plastic injection or blow manufacturing preferred, but not required.
Skills/Qualifications: Performance Management, Staffing, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Coaching, Developing Standards, Process Improvement, Quality Management.
Plastikon Healthcare LLC
Why Work Here?Plastikon Healthcare LLC (Lawrence, Kansas) is a specialty contract manufacturing organization, manufacturing medical device, and pharmaceutical products. The Lawrence facility provides turnkey solutions for final product presentations; from formulation through final packaging. Our core competencies include Blow-Fill-Seal (BFS), aseptic traditional filling, terminal sterilization, injection molding, formulation, in-process & release testing, and process validation. Plastikon Healthcare offers competitive salaries; health benefits to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental life, EAP, PTO, Holidays and 401(k). Must satisfactorily pass a background check and pre-placement drug test. Plastikon Healthcare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. EOE-M/F/Vet/Disability
Great opportunity with a fast growing company