- Posted: 11 days ago
- This position requires a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering at a mimimum.
- To be knowledgeable and proficient in the process of thermoforming, top to bottom.
- Be able to setup jobs and troubleshoot thermoforming problems.
- Works closely with the thermoforming process to optimize operating conditions for different jobs.
- Work closely with many members of the production crews to assist in solution of production problems.
- Handles some of the training activities in the department--currently geared to new employees but may be expanded into other areas.
- Selects, mentors & prepares projects to be completed by interns.
- Follows good manufacturing practices to ensure product safety.
- Will study and recommend changes to process, manufacturing methods & tooling.
- Develops ideas with proposals for improvement in the areas of safety, quality, and
- Is assigned to be part of team projects that are involved in researching production practices.
- Will examine and determine feasibility of design changes on production machines & coordinate projects that modify production equipment.
- Will coordinate projects that modify production equipment.
- Will become conversant with standard operating procedures when required.
- Performs other special projects as assigned.
This includes working on process improvements such as possible tooling modifications, examining methods improvements, and analysis of optimum operating conditions.
This position has a hands-on process improvement emphasis and will also involve opportunities for supervisory and leadership experiences.
Salary for this position is based on expirence: $57,653 - $64,500
HANDS-ON Engineering Experience with heavy machinery is a Must Have for this position. Recommended Discipline Mechanical Engineering
You should be proficient in:
- Automation Systems
$27 - $33 / hr
ManufacturingView all jobs at Plastic Ingenuity
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?