Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
The Industrial Maintenance Technician is responsible for the planning, completion, and follow-up on preventive maintenance of physical plant and equipment and also performs emergency repair when needed. In this position, most mechanical work is completed in-house while some projects are contracted with outside vendors.
Maintains a variety of production-related equipment such as grinders, thermometers, tape machines, compressors, and other related small equipment.
Maintains a variety of shop equipment such as CNC mills, machining centers, lathes, surface grinders, and other related equipment.
Completes HVAC, forklift, and other related projects where it is practical to complete in-house rather than contracting out.
Works closely with contractors and equipment vendors in regard to equipment repair revisions and modifications.
Follows good manufacturing practices to ensure product safety.
Keeps inventory of repair parts.
Works with purchasing to order parts needed for repairs.
Operates and maintains the chilled water system, compressed air system, and vacuum
Assists in completing building and grounds maintenance.
Keeps work area and equipment in a safe operating condition and clean and orderly.
Performs preventive maintenance schedules on equipment including the machine shop.
Repairs small equipment and shop equipment as requested.
Assists in the maintenance
and rebuilding of CNC mills and related equipment
Perform such other duties, projects, and tasks as may be assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position.
- Reading and comprehension of printed instructions
- Exhibits a high level As an industrial maintenance technician, repairing and maintaining commercial or industrial buildings.
- Hand tools and equipment are second nature to you.
- Ability to walk/stand for extended periods of time on the floor, as well as move and navigate all regions of huge machinery without difficulty
- HVAC or and Electrical Certification would be a plus
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- PLC Troubleshooting Skills
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- Hydraulics Experience
- High School / GED
- Excellent Communication Skills
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
$21 - $24 / hr
ManufacturingView all jobs at Plastic Ingenuity