Provide support to the Engineering Director
· Experience leading a project or small team
· Provide Engineering manager with progress updates and escalation of priority projects or problems
· Strong experience with SolidWorks and able to take a test during interview.
· Communicate with shop personnel regarding design support.
· Identify design issues, document, and determine the resolution.
· Ability to develop and document procedures
· Communicate directly with customers and inside sales team in order to define the technical specifications needed to start a design.
· Ability to create and read Process & Instrumentation drawings.
· Be able to take concepts and create working designs with complete bill of materials and detailed drawings.
· Knowledge of basic machining practices.
· Project Management experience
· Ability to travel to customer site, both local and out of state as needed
· Extensive mechanical design experience.
· Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
· Ability to create system manuals
· Be proficient with Microsoft Office products Word and Excel.
· Be willing to learn and develop skills to become a part of design team.
· Ability to use digital camera to photo document final products.