- Posted: over a month ago
Come join a winning Team! Since 1970 Plastic Express has met the bulk trucking, bulk terminal, packaging, and warehousing needs of the plastics industry. Our strategic locations, modern systems, and dedicated employees allow us to provide custom tailored logistical solutions to fulfill the most challenging needs of our customers. Plastic Express operates from 18 warehouse locations and 37 rail terminals across the US. At many of the Plastic Express sites, we also handle some Non-plastic commodities, which include; paper rolls, steel, building materials and other dry bulk materials. Plastic Express owns and operates roughly 190 trucks, with approximately 227 trailers performing full bulk truck distribution business. Plastic Express is headquartered in City of Industry, CA and has over 500 employees nationwide. Our goal has always been to exceed our customer's expectations, and our can do-attitude is what differentiates us from the competition.
Plastic Express employees have always been our key to success and total customer satisfaction. We are always looking for dependable & talented business professionals that will help us to grow and to continue our “Can Do” tradition.
With reporting responsibilities to the V.P. of Warehousing this position is directly responsible for the Management of the company warehouse operation and all staff to perform workload out of the site. Must provide positive leadership for company and temporary staffing in a safety sensitive and production environment. Direct daily management to include: Shipping/Receiving Activities, Packaging Operation, Maintaining Inventories, Production Scheduling, Scheduling and Performing Light Maintenance, Employee development, Employee Counseling, Employee Discipline, and Training, Record keeping and Communication of issues with Management. The Warehouse Manager will be supported by a Warehouse Supervisor for each site.
Role works closely with Safety Director, Quality Manager, Customer service representatives (CSR’s), trucking department and sales department. Must oversee the facility and operations to meet KPI targets and goals. Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or deleted at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must provide positive leadership for all warehouse and packaging staff at potentially multiple facilities.
- Maintain the appropriate amount of staffing to accomplish the required production goals for all warehouse and packaging activities.
- Maintain a Safe work environment and drive the company’s safety culture into all aspects of the job functions.
- Maintain meticulous records of employee training, employee counseling, and employee reviews.
- Continuous training and development of employees and temporary staff.
- Ensure all employees have been trained in each function they perform.
Shipping / Receiving
- Daily review, coordination and inspection of shipping and receiving activities.
- Ensure warehouse employees are following work instructions and all orders, receipts, picked inventory and shipments are handled correctly.
- Maintain meticulous physical and computer inventories of customer’s merchandise. Inventory accuracy should be maintained above 99%.
- Ensure cycle counts are being performed on 10% of the warehouse inventory each month.
- Supervise and Manage daily appointment system for the facility, drayage activities and contractors that deliver loaded inbound or outbound containers to the port. Ensure shipments and deliveries meet the receiving and delivery schedule of our customers.
- Maintain meticulous records of shipping / receiving documentation.
- Manage sites open order report is reflective of current orders and updates are sent on ordered that have already processed. The expectation is that all orders are updated the same business day as the receipt or shipment.
- Monitor and manage the day-to-day operation of the packaging employees, system and work area.
- Maintain all inventories related to the packaging and warehouse operation.
- Report any related operational problems to the Vice President of Packaging and Warehousing.
- Ensure that all related production documentation is correct and turned-in in a timely manner.
- Schedule material deliveries for production requirements.
- Ensure that all safety and production procedures are being followed.
- Prepare and execute a compressive preventive maintenance schedule for all operating equipment.
- Routinely look at all maintenance items and look for trends/ reoccurring items and develop plan for permanently correcting items.
- Perform routine and/or required light maintenance on all related packaging equipment.
- Supervise any outside maintenance work and contractors.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are being followed during any machine outage and/or maintenance.
- Maintain highly detailed maintenance records and logs.
- Order and maintain spare parts for the related equipment.
- Communicate all related equipment issues with Vice President of Packaging and Warehousing.
- Maintain a clean work environment and ensure that all employees keep excellent housekeeping practices in all operational areas.
Safety and Compliance
- Ensure all employees operate in compliance OSHA regulations and company safety policies.
- Forklift Certification Training for all new forklift drivers and retraining every 3 years for current forklift drivers and all other required OSHA requirements are met.
- Maintain employee files to include: safety meetings, training, and discipline for any violations of company policies or law.
- Audit Company logs each week.
- Conduct / Supervise and document daily/weekly/monthly safety meetings. The Warehouse Manager must personally conduct a safety meeting with all warehouse staff once per calendar month at a minimum. This standard will enforce the dedication to our safety culture.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum education required is a high school diploma or equivalent, a 4-year college business degree is preferred.
- Must possess 5-10 years previous Management/ Supervisory experience.
- Must have the ability to think independently and make decisions that are in the company’s best interest.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment, especially using Excel spreadsheets and business management systems along with customer interface systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical abilities for planning, forecasting, inventory management, product scheduling, and product balancing.
- Must be multi-task oriented with the ability to handle many activities simultaneously.
- Must be able to work long hours and weekends and available for travel on the company’s behalf..
Benefits and Perks
- Family health benefit packages
- Vacation pay after a year
- Holiday pay
- Company matching 401k retirement program, after a year
Plastic Express employees have always been our key to success and total customer satisfaction. We are always looking for dependable & talented business professionals that will help us to grow and to continue our Can-Do tradition.
If you have an interest in working at Plastic Express, please forward your resume including a brief work history.
Powered by JazzHR
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Plastic Express