Come join a winning Team! Since 1970 Plastic Express has met the bulk trucking, bulk terminal, packaging, and warehousing needs of the plastics industry. Our strategic locations, modern systems, and dedicated employees allow us to provide custom tailored logistical solutions to fulfill the most challenging needs of our customers. Plastic Express operates from 15 warehouse locations and 37 rail terminals across the US. At many of the Plastic Express sites, we also handle some Non-plastic commodities, which include; paper rolls, steel, building materials and other dry bulk materials. Plastic Express owns and operates roughly 130 trucks, with approximately 200 trailers performing full bulk truck distribution business. Plastic Express is headquartered in City of Industry, CA and has over 300 employees nationwide. Our goal has always been to exceed our customer's expectations, and our can do attitude is what differentiates us from the competition.
Plastic Express employees have always been our key to success and total customer satisfaction. We are always looking for dependable & talented business professionals that will help us to grow and to continue our Can-Do tradition.
With reporting responsibilities to the Operations Manager, this position is directly responsible for performing essential rail functions in a safety sensitive and production environment. To include; Rail Operations, load out/wash out operations, and Performing Light Maintenance, Training new staff when requested, Record keeping and Communication of issues with Management. Addition duties and responsibilities may be added or deleted at any time
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate, Schedule and supervise all maintenance of loadout, wash and rail department equipment.
- Daily Documented Pellet Control Survey, clean up and Inspection.
- Weekly Rail Scale Inspection
- Weight car verification.
- Washout of hopper cars prior to loading per plant and ISO operational procedures.
- Inspection of empty hopper car before washing.
- Safe Operation of vacuum system if heel is present.
- Safe Operation of hopper car wash system.
- Operation of drying system.
- Update washed car information into plant Wonder ware Software Program.
- Load all PP production into hopper cars per plant and ISO operational procedures.
- Operate Loadout Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) computer
- Confirm “Clean Car” in Wonder ware software program.
- Safe operation of the Fuller – Full load system.
- Apply hatch bonnets and filters.
- Record security seals in Wonder ware software program.
- Record Tare “Empty” and Heavy “Loaded” Weight of Hopper car in Wonder ware software program.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum education required is a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous warehousing/rail experience is preferred.
- Must be able to safely operate a rail king and must pass site rail king certification.
- Must have the ability to think independently and make decisions that are in the company’s best interest.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills.
- Must be multi-task oriented with the ability to handle many activities simultaneously. Must be able to work overtime, long hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to perform physical labor such as; lifting up to 55 lbs., moving up to 250 pounds, climbing ladders, operate control panels and working with hand tools.
- Must be able use fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and/or hear.
- Employee must possess vision abilities required by this job function to include close visual confirmation of finely printed documents, have distance vision to safely and correctly identify objects and or markings.
- Must have peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus on subjects or objects at any safe working distance
Benefits and Perks
- Family health benefit packages
- Vacation pay after a year
- Holiday pay
- Company matching 401k retirement program, after a year
Powered by JazzHR