ATTENTION CDL CLASS A DRIVERS:
LOOKING FOR A REWARDING JOB AND A LIFETIME DRIVING CAREER AT A COMPANY THAT APPRECIATES YOU? JOIN PLASTIC EXPRESS WHERE YOU WILL FIND WE OFFER:
- BEGIN AND END YOUR WORKDAYS WHERE YOU STARTED
- HOME MOST NIGHTS
EXCELLENT MEDICAL AND DENTAL BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDING COMPANY SHARED 401k PROGRAM
NO WAITING FOR DISPATCH - WORK EVERY DAY
BULK TRUCKING - WE OFFER PAID TRAINING
Come join a Winning Team! Since 1970, Plastic Express has been leading the bulk trucking, bulk terminal, packaging, and warehousing needs of the plastics industry. Our strategic locations, modern systems, and dedicated employees allow us to provide custom tailored logistical solutions to fulfill the most challenging needs of our customers. Plastic Express operates from 15 warehouse locations and 37 rail terminals across the US. At many of the Plastic Express sites, we also handle some non-plastic commodities, which include; paper rolls, steel, building materials and other dry bulk materials. Plastic Express owns and operates roughly 130 trucks, with approximately 200 trailers performing full bulk truck distribution business. Plastic Express is headquartered in City of Industry, CA and has over 300 employees nationwide. Our goal has always been to exceed our customers' expectations, and our "Can Do" attitude is what differentiates us from the competition.
We are looking for the passionate and exceptional, CDL Class "A" Truck Driver who thinks of himself or herself as a safe professional, intelligent, not afraid of work, and deserving of pay and respect that matches the long-term position.
Plastic Express prides itself on our People, Safety, and New Equipment. Every truck is a different color for a reason: it demonstrates how we feel about our drivers as unique individuals! Our drivers are the foundation of our superior service business model.
Drivers are expected to load and deliver product from rail terminals or warehouses to consignee silos or other bulk containers in a safe and professional manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Pre- and post- trip tractor and trailer.
- Operate in compliance with Company, State, and Federal regulations.
- Communicate with dispatcher and receivers.
- Report any delays that will affect pick up or delivery appointments.
- Operate trailer to load and unload dry bulk plastic resin.
- Report all accidents or incidents involving driver or company equipment.
- Current unrestricted Class "A" CDL License.
- At least 2 years of Class "A" driving experience.
- A motor vehicle driving record that meets current Plastic Express standards.
- Successfully pass a physical exam as prescribed by DOT including pre-employment drug testing.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- A great attitude, passion and pride for the trucking industry!
- Driver requirements include working 8-14 hour days
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, with occasional weekend
- Safely load and deliver product
- May be trained to do some bulk loading and unloading at warehouse when needed
- Dedicated equipment
- Vacuum Pneumatic Bulk Tank
- Top of the line day cab tractors designed for driver comfort.
- Onboard hand held ELD's for HOS compliance.
Benefits and Perks
- Family health benefit packages.
- Vacation pay after one year.
- Holiday pay.
- Company matching 401k retirement program, after a year.
- Monthly Safety incentive bonus.
Plastic Express employees have always been our key to success and total customer satisfaction. We are always looking for dependable & talented business professionals that will help us to grow and to continue our Can-Do tradition.
If you have an interest in working at Plastic Express, please forward your resume including a brief work history.
Founded by a truck driver in 1970 and still family owned. WE HIRE TO RETIRE.Employment Type: FULL_TIME