Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
- Posted: over a month ago
PlasmanOne Company, One Driving Force
We believe that what separates the impossible from the possible is perspective. Together we have the solution. More important than where you are going, is who you get there with. We are innovative and collaborative, time-honored and future-focused, and above all we are dedicated to our work, our customers, and each other. From design to delivery, across the globe, we make shared visions a reality. And together, we will accomplish more than ever imagined. We are Plasman, and we are One Driving Force.
At Plasman, you will work with the world's best and brightest to shape the future of our global company. Our employees come from rich and diverse backgrounds working collectively together for the success of one company. With over 4000 employees across 24 locations we believe the most impressive thing we've built is our workforce.
Plasman, Hopkins, MN 1302 S. 5th St. Hopkins, MN 55343 is immediately seeking a new member to join our team as:
3rd Shift - Sunday through Thursday from 11pm-7am
The duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Production Manager to meet assigned area goals and objectives.
- Closely monitor operational performance to meet goals and objectives established by the Production Manager. Use plant metrics as a tool for continuous improvement.
- Coach and develop employees within assigned areas. Foster open communication within the group to promote teamwork.
- Hire, recommend termination of employment, transfer and promotion; apply progressive corrective action and address employee concerns; review direct reports performance and efficiency and recommend/approve wage increases. Responsible for the timely and accurate entries of employee's absences in established system. Enforce company policies, procedures and practices.
- Apply problem-solving methods to find root causes in the resolution of operational problems and non-conforming issues.
- Coordinate with support departments and Planning to ensure plant priorities are met.
- Analyze and make proposals on appropriate staffing to meet production needs.
- Ensure direct reports are certified or have prescribed training plans toward certification.
- Participate in the development of production methods, and the application of approved methods to ensure quality control of production parts.
- Apply continuous improvement methods to improve machine utilization in areas such as tool set-up/teardown and startup, labor reduction and process improvements.
- Coordinate movement of finished and semi-finished goods and material to ensure smooth flow. Work closely with production planning to establish production schedules to ensure on-time delivery to the customer.
- Establish 5s practices and enforce housekeeping guidelines to promote quality of product and safe working environment. Ensure equipment maintenance issues are promptly corrected. Responsible for level 1 and 2 PMs on shop equipment.
- Monitor tool performance against standards using Epicor and correct variances in a timely manner.
- Approve employees' time records.
- Adherence to TS standards
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED plus two years technical training required.
- Minimum of two years set-up and informal leadership experience required.
- Plastic material characteristics, troubleshooting equipment and material problems.
- Equipment functions.
- Supervision, verbal and written communication skill.
- Costing and Statistical Process Control.
- Blueprint interpretation and tool design.
- Employee involvement teams.
- "Just in Time."
- 5s practices
- Knowledge of international quality standards such as TS16949.
- Ability to work shift rotation and/or overtime with little or no prior notice.
- Ability to perform well in high pressure situations.
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process or have any questions, please contact HR.
Thousands of Innovative Minds. One Driving Force
Visit our Website plasman.com
to see our capabilities and the culture that creates it.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Plasman
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?