One Company. One Driving Force
Plasman is a leading global automotive and manufacturing company with several locations across North America and Europe. With a rich history dating back over 40 years, our collaborative approach, work ethic, and commitment have made us a global leader in automotive components. We believe the only thing that separates the possible from the impossible is perspective.
At Plasman, you will work with the world's best and brightest to shape the future of our global company. Our employees come from rich and diverse backgrounds working collectively together for the success of one company. We believe the most impressive thing we have built is our workforce. And together, we will accomplish more than ever imagined. We are Plasman. And we are One Driving Force™.
Plasman , 3000 W 121st St Cleveland, Ohio 44111
is immediately seeking a new member to join our team as:
FINANCIAL ANALYST/COST ACCOUNTANT
In this role, you will assist the Controller with various financial, analytical and accounting functions as well as manage, co-ordinate and assist in the development and maintenance of product costs, the analysis of operational variances and the generation of production metric reporting at the A-Brite Plating facility.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain check methods to confirm transaction entry to MRP system
- Maintain Daily financial reports
- Analyze DL/IDL variances daily
- Perform scrap analysis
- Lead with development of product costs for budget
- Generate weekly reports to include material variance, direct labor variance and lead with variance analysis
- Make recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures
- Assist with database maintenance/updating (Defect database)
- Conduct standard cost updates and maintenance
- Monitor MRP system for accuracy, including errors in receiving, production reporting, shipping, and routings
- Review production, shipping, receiving and move ticket transactions as needed
- Update and post all internal part number cross reference sheets where needed
- Determine and recommend improvements in current standards
- Assist the materials department with monthly inventory activities
- Create product structure and maintain bills of material for all manufacturing goods
- Produce proper documentation on questions regarding information that has been entered into the system
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, with a focus on DL/IDL variances
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations. Analyze financial reports and translate them into concise summaries for management
- Support coordination and preparation of the month end close process as well as budget and forecast process.
- Preparation of financial models to support different budget and forecast scenarios
- Provide assistance to operating management in assigned areas to facilitate proper implementation and control of budgeted plans and objectives.
- Track financial status by monitoring and researching variances from plan
- Determine financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results
- Review customer pricing changes and retro billings and ensure that the pricing database is correct and up to date (for manufacturing locations)
- Improve financial status by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions
- Always promote an atmosphere of teamwork
- Complete any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required. Work towards an advanced degree desired.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting with a strong cost accounting background.
- Strong computer skills. Advanced Excel knowledge and ERP experience required. Trans4M experience desired.
- Strong analytical skills and critical and creative thinking.
- Relationship and communication skills are required to liaise with Department Leaders, Senior Management, Operations, and other Finance function teams. Involvement in various special and ad hoc assignments will be required.
- Willingness to professionally challenge historical practices.
- Ability to perform well in high pressure situations
- Possess sound financial and business insights
- Good communication skills in written and verbal formats
- Capable of independent travel to, from and with designated regions.
Plasman is committed to offering a wide range of prospects to our employees, including competitive salaries, full-time permanent positions, benefits, company savings plans, recognition awards, hands-on training, upward mobility, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Plasman values and supports the unique talents and strengths that each employee brings to our organization. We invest in our people and give them the tools they need to achieve success in their career.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process or have any questions, please contact HR.
Thousands of Innovative Minds. One Driving Force
Visit our Website plasman.com to see our capabilities and the culture that creates it.
Finance and InsuranceView All Plasman Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.