Plant Care Specialist
Plantasia Design Providence, RI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Plant Care Professional
Join our growing field service team and work in the “green” industry! We are an equal opportunity employer offering a great benefits package to qualifying employees. Experience helpful but not necessary – we train! Hourly Range $15 -$20 based on experience.
Summary of Position
The Plant Care Professional’s primary responsibilities are the care and maintenance of interior and exterior plants at commercial locations using one’s own vehicle with reimbursed mileage and usage. The service coverage area is in South Shore and surrounding areas. This individual must be organized, possess excellent communication skills, be able to work independently, walk long distances, comfortable climbing ladders at least 6’ high and be comfortable working in high profile corporate environments. Great for those who like flexibility, working independently and plants!
- Maintain live plants in commercial and residential setting according to an established schedule.
- Perform plant maintenance duties including but not limited to inspecting, cleaning, grooming, rotating, watering, and removal of debris.
- Follow service routing plan using time tracking smart phone application
- Delivery and installation of live plants in commercial and residential facilities
- Manage time efficiently
- Document onsite plant condition through field service smart-phone application
- Communicate any client issues/concerns to Management and follow up with client in a timely manner
- Engage with clients to build a strong professional relationships
Customer Service and Teamwork
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment
- Balance efficiencies with a great customer experience
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Reading and Writing English
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Patient, good-natured and adaptable
- Good problem-solver with the ability to work independently
- Ability to find locations using GPS or other tools with little guidance
- Ability to learn Horticultural practices e.g., plant variety names both common and Latin - training provided
- An "eye" for design or artistic ability helpful but not required
- Ability to learn new skills and take-on new tasks as required by a growing business
- Ability to bend, kneel, walk long distances, climb 4'-6' ladders and lift up to 30lbs
- Ability to use a smart phone and time tracking phone application
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior experience with plants and gardening desired but not required
- Valid Driver license, Auto insurance, and Dependable transportation
- Criminal, RMV Background, and Drug test may be required
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
The health and safety of our employeess is a top priority. All employees are required to wear masks and maintain social distances when possible. We supply masks, hand sanitizer and other PPE. Additional safety protocols may be required.
Plantasia DesignWhy Work Here?
We are an award winning plant company that has no off-season!