PLANT CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, L.P.
PLANT / ALLISON CORPORATION
Senior Cost Estimator
Plant Construction Company, L.P. has been successful for over 70 years as a General Contractor in the San Francisco Bay Area specializing in Education, Hotel, Residential, Historic Renovation and Redevelopment Projects. We would like to add a Cost Estimator to our team to work within the established culture and guidelines of the Company.
Position Title: Cost Estimator
Reports To: Director of Preconstruction
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Purpose of the position:
The Cost Estimator has a key role in the construction department and is responsible for the preconstruction process for all projects assigned to this role, including for hard bids, negotiated bids, conceptual budgets, and design build proposals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Performs the project qualification, solicitation, quantity survey, scheduling, scoping, clarifying, and pricing effort for assigned preconstruction projects resulting in well-organized, professional correspondence and reports
· Complies with effective standardization, organization, preparation, and proper distribution/submission of preconstruction solicitations, qualification submissions, company information, and other preconstruction-related correspondence associated with projects assigned to this role
· Performs budget development/submission, detailed and comprehensive quantity survey experience with On-Screen Takeoff (OST) or other equivalent software, accurate cost evaluation, subcontractor/supplier bid solicitation, subcontractor/supplier scope/qualification/cost evaluation, risk evaluation, and participate in bid/no bid decisions and bid submissions
· Participates in meeting with project management team to prepare any successful estimates for construction
Minimum Skills and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Building Construction, Building Science, or other equivalent construction program. Advanced degree or training favored
· Possess at least five years employed experience with a general contractor, with at least two years of service dedicated to preconstruction
· Thorough knowledge of estimating techniques
· Possess strong mathematical and computer skills
· Ability to estimate all types of projects / contracts, plus ability to coordinate and supervise group work effort
· Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
· Strong communication and analytical skills
· Must be goal oriented and a self-starter
· Ability to work in a team environment and fit in with company culture and processes
· Be proficient and able to implement computer software programs used for pre-construction with particular emphasis on Sage Timberline estimating software or Procore, scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera P6 or other equivalent software), modeling/drawing software (AutoCAD, Revit or other equivalent software) and MS Office
Plant Construction Company L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package and has an excellent record of employee retention. We promote professional development and career advancement opportunities.