PlanSource is a high-growth software company headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the U.S. including in Salt Lake City, Michigan, Minneapolis and Charleston, South Carolina. We are looking for a Senior Sales Consultant to partner with the sales and solution consultant team of a strategic partner that is a leading provider in the Human Capital Management (HCM) technology space.
This new, long-term partnership is a highly visible and strategic initiative for PlanSource. The Senior Sales Consultant will be responsible for supporting partner sales efforts to achieve revenue targets for both parties. This Senior Sales Consultant will be based in our Charleston, South Carolina office, but we are also open to remote candidates on the East coast.
About the Position
The Senior Sales Consultant will work closely with the partner’s sales and solution consultant teams across all market segments with the goal of transitioning the partner’s current and future clients onto the PlanSource benefits platform resulting in achieving revenue targets for both parties. He or she will provide initial and ongoing training and sales resources to partner sales teams. In addition, the Senior Sales Consultant will provide channel support from deal strategy to technical and product capabilities.
While the role will evolve as the partnership matures, examples of projects and initiatives that the Senior Sales Consultant will tackle are:
- Design, develop and maintain sales resources and systems to enable partner sales and solution consultant teams.
- Provide consultation to sales reps on individual deals – from deal strategy and overcoming obstacles to product capabilities and demonstration best practices.
- Create and deliver training to partner sales and support teams.
- Assist with maintaining demonstration environments, scripts and best practices for showcasing the integrated HCM solution.
- Answer product and technical questions from the partner sales team, and build a knowledge base of frequently asked questions for partner sales teams to reference and/or include in RFP responses.
- Collaborate with the SVP/GM and Partner Marketing Manager assigned to this partnership to ensure alignment and successful post-sales delivery.
- Provide online and in-person sales demonstrations and support upon request, most likely during year 1 of the expanded partnership.
As a Senior Sales Consultant, you are tech savvy, have a deep understanding of software selling and possess exceptional communication and analytical skills. You love working with sales teams and can advise on deal strategy, overcoming obstacles and value-based selling. In addition, your qualifications/skills include:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a sales support and enablement role in a SaaS environment, preferably with medium to enterprise deals.
- Experience with benefits and/or HR technology a plus.
- Strong communication skills – from crafting proposals and RFP responses to conducting sales presentations, demonstrations and training.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with partner executives, sales leaders and reps.
- Creative problem-solving skills to ensure collective success of the partnership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred, MBA a plus.
Since you are supporting and enabling our partner’s sales team, only light travel will be required – possibly 2-3 times per month. While some travel to support deals could occur, more likely, you will travel to the partner headquarters for in-person meetings and occasionally participate in partner events.
- Great compensation package, with bonus potential based on achieving partner objectives, plus competitive benefits and perks.
- The chance to work for a fast-growing, established tech company, and work side-by-side with a dynamic team of talented professionals in a modern office environment located in downtown Charleston, South Carolina.
- Fast-paced environment with big goals and the opportunity make a big impact.
Top five reasons to come to PlanSource:
#5: The size is right. Join an established tech company that’s growing fast but is still small enough for you to have a big impact.
#4: You can grow and develop professionally. PlanSource has a great track record of internal promotions within the company and within the sales team.
#3: The benefits industry is on fire. Ongoing regulatory changes create an urgent and pervasive need in the marketplace for technology.
#2: PlanSource has the right product. Show off our sophisticated cloud-based technology that has a mobile-friendly UI and meets the needs of even the most complex benefit programs.
#1: PlanSource is the right company. Join an up-and-coming high-growth technology company that is well funded and values its employees and their families.