Planoly is looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded Android Engineer to join a rapidly growing startup based in Austin, Texas and work on an application that brands, influencers, celebrities, agencies and marketing firms are using every day. You will have the opportunity to take a leading role in our mobile engineering team, and have a huge impact on the Planoly applications by implementing new features, improving performance, and building stunning user interfaces. Passion for social products and building great software is a must.
What You Will Do:
* Deliver across the entire app life cycle for our native Android applications – concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to the Play Store and support.
* Create compelling Android client-specific user interfaces and experiences.
* Collaborate closely and autonomously with teams of engineers, designers, and cross-functional users.
* Have ownership over projects that have a significant impact to the business.
* Be an active learner who is up for expanding your breadth of knowledge
* Have a passion for your craft. You feel ownership over everything you ship.
Who You Are: (Must have skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- At least 4+ years of professional, on-the-job experience building scalable software.
- Passionate about writing elegant, readable, maintainable, testable and efficient Java and Kotlin that adheres to solid design principles. (At least 4 years of Java and 2 years of Kotlin experience in a professional work environment (not school projects) is required.)
- Deep understanding of modern Android development and tools.
- Track record of publishing apps to the Google Play Store that you can walk us through.
- Experience with client/server architectures, API, syncing and caching patterns.
- Deep understanding and application of Computer science core: Data Structures, Algorithms, Design Patterns and Concurrency/Multi-threading.
- Mobile application profiling, performance, and tuning (memory, CPU, battery life).
- Experience working in a cross functional Scrum team.
- Experience using Git and related tools like GitLab, GitHub, and Bitbucket.
Bonus Skills and Experience: (Highly preferred)
- Experience with working with images, videos and respective native / 3rd party frameworks.
- Experience with TechOps / infrastructure systems – Amazon Web Services, Chef and Jenkins.
- Deep understanding of the Social Media landscape.
- Experience with UI / UX.
Who is Planoly?
~ We are digital marketing and social media experts. Planoly was built from a Brand and Influencer’s perspective so we understand how to enhance and streamline the workflow of a digital marketer.
~ We’re a startup that is growing super fast and has been profitable since inception.
~ Our headquarter office is located in Austin, Texas.
~ We offer an open work environment where highly motivated team members take full ownership of the products and help steer the company.
~ We are a huge advocate of work-life balance, which is seen in our open vacation and work-from-any-coffee-shops policies.
~ We provide catered lunches, snacks, drinks, regular team outings, and even an in-office trampoline at our Austin office. And yes, we have a ping pong table!
*** This role is not eligible visa sponsorship.*** This role is not eligible for company paid relocation.***
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Planoly is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified individuals seeking employment without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification.