- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Plano-Coudon is looking for an experienced Superintendent to provide supervision and leadership for P-C project sites. The ideal candidate will have experience managing subcontractors, vendors and clients. The Superintendent will direct field work in accordance with plans and specifications and have demonstrated success delivering a timely, profitable, quality project while focusing on safety and client satisfaction. Must possess excellent customer service, interpersonal communication, conflict resolution and organizational skills. PC offers an innovative and challenging environment with a rich community culture, competitive salary, benefits and growth opportunities.
The role of the Superintendent is to make Plano-Coudon the best in class within construction industry through adherence to the PC FAITH mission: PC Faith: Positivity, Community, Fire in the Belly, Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, Health.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, understand and comply with contract requirements regarding inspection procedures, claims notification, and shutdown notifications.
- Review, understand and enforce all project specific subcontract agreements and supplier purchase orders.
- Review project correspondence. Ensure all correspondence is properly posted and filed in job site files.
- Administer personnel policies, procedures and practices of all job site workers.
- Participate in preconstruction tasks including constructability reviews, scheduling, and site logistics.
- Participate in project interviews or other meetings required to secure future work.
- Plan and coordinate project access for both general requirements and subcontractors.
- Schedule and coordinate daily jobsite activities such as subcontractors and material deliveries.
- Supervise direct hire labor including laborers, carpenters and/or temporary labor.
- Assist in resolving construction issues as required to maintain progress of the project.
- Work with small tools on a limited basis as required to maintain progress of the project.
Manage the On-Site Safety Program
- Understand, implement and enforce all safety requirements, regulations and laws.
- Lead weekly "Tool Box" safety talks with all jobsite personnel. Obtain a sign-in sheet and fax a copy to the main office.
- Coordinate regularly scheduled safety inspections with PC's independent safety consultant. Distribute report to subcontractors with deficiencies. Ensure that all deficiencies are abated immediately.
- Represent PC in the event of an OSHA/MOSHA inspection. Notify PC's safety consultant immediately of an OSHA inspection so that they may be present during the inspection.
- Implement a safety rewards program if necessary.
- Request, collect and keep on file all MSDS sheets required for the project site. Notify project manager if a subcontractor fails to provide to you.
- Participate in the development of the project schedule, identify project milestones and ensure that contractual requirements will be met.
- Create 2 week look ahead schedules and review with subcontractor foreman on a weekly basis.
- Notify subcontractors in writing of any schedule deficiencies or delays to the critical path schedule (i.e. lack of manpower or late material/equipment deliveries).
- Maintain documentation to support any claims PC may have.
- Request assistance of the project manager when contractual pressure needs to be applied to subcontractors failing to meet project requirements.
- Deliver schedule updates as required at Owner Progress Meetings.
- Generate daily field reports, progress photos and maintain project file folder while site is active.
- Maintain a project diary for each project in a bound book provided by PC. Document important conversations and directives that may not be captured with other project documentation.
- Maintain an updated record set of contract documents at the project site including all as built information and up to date field changes and/or modifications to the project.
- Request, collect and keep on file subcontractor manpower reports.
- Ensure that the work being put in place meets the requirements of the project documents and deliver quality workmanship from the tradesmen in the field.
- Review approved submittals and cross reference between trades to ensure that work conforms to contract requirements.
- Schedule and conduct quality control inspections and document the results on a regular basis.
Training and Profession Development
- Maintain a current OSHA 30-hour training certification, sediment and erosion control certification (Green Card), current first aid and CPR certification.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as an assistant superintendent and/or superintendent in Commercial construction.
- 3 years' experience working for a general contractor working on projects up to 5 million preferred
Work Environment, Equipment and Physical Demands - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuous standing, walking, and sitting throughout the day.
- Occasional bending, crouching and stooping throughout the day.
- Use of simple hand tools. Some light lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required.
- Typing and viewing of a computer screen required.
- Requires regional driving on a daily basis.
- Occasional weekend work as needed.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ConstructionView all jobs at Plano Coudon