This position is eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus.
PPM is a thriving Planned Parenthood affiliate with a healthy financial standing and the capacity for expansion of our clinical services as well as our geographic reach. Our mission is to enable all Marylander's to have access to a wide range of high quality, affordable reproductive health care services. By providing medical services, education, training and advocacy, PPM seeks to help individuals make informed decisions about their reproductive health, family planning options, and sexuality.
Summary of Responsibilities: The Center Manager oversees all aspects of operations for the health center including supervising staff and ensuring delivery of high quality clinical care.
1. Responsible for overall Center environment. Provide supervision and coordination to center staff and volunteers. Interview and evaluate recommend for hire and manage performance of non-clinician staff. Delegate responsibilities among Center staff. Sign off on all personnel-related actions in Center, including time sheets.
2. Responsible for ensuring adequate training of all new health center staff and facilitate ongoing training needs for all staff. Be the primary resource for training new staff in all aspects of health centers functions. Coordinate with education and human resources to complete and document all training.
3. Determine client and staff schedules for effective Center operations. Recommend staffing pattern, hours of operation, and needs for additions and/or replacements.
4. Work with Clinical Services to analyze community demographics and clinical service needs. Provide education and outreach services to community in accordance with PPM Education Department standards and guidelines.
5. Develop yearly work plans that include Clinical Services and Center-specific goals and objectives. Establish performance measure baselines and goals. Lead health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity.
6. Ensure that proper inventory level of supplies are maintained for adequate patient flow. Responsible for following the administrative process for inventory and purchase requests for equipment and supplies.
7. Ensure that staff deliver quality customer service and promote a positive, friendly environment. Monitor quality of client care provided by staff. Provide feedback to Managing Director of Clinical Operations regarding clinical staff. Hold non-clinical staff accountable to specific measurable customer service standards (e.g. through annual performance monitoring and implementing corrective action plans when customer service and performance expectations are not being met.)
8. Prepare required reports and ensure reports are done accurately and in a timely manner. Perform Quality and Security Audits as directed. Participate in Clinical Services Management meetings. Attend other Agency meetings as requested.
9. Perform daily/periodic quality assurance activities; Ensure lab processes are being performed according to PPM Lab Manual; Review lab log in accordance with QA policy; reconcile financial statements from reference labs.
10. Ensure that all business and medical equipment is in the proper working order. Ensure the facility is maintained to provide adequate care to clients. Facilitate communication between purchasing, finance and clinical services to maintain the facility and equipment.
11. Responsible for Daily Cash Balancing and bank deposits. Evaluate and monitor financial operations and computerized client information for the center. Responsible for ensuring proper documentation for insurance billing. Lead health center efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
12. Ensure compliance to regulatory guidelines including OSHA, Title X, and Medicaid/Medicare.
13. Supervising people, including students and volunteers; giving appropriate support, evaluating, directing and holding employees accountable while maintaining high morale and productivity.
14. Ensure medical care is delivered according to PPM manuals/Standards & Guidelines. Responsible for on-site medical records, medical logs and Q.A. testing.
15.Respond to security breaches in accordance with all PPM policies and procedures and report all incidences and occurrences.
16. Perform all patient care duties in the absence of qualified personnel.
Qualifications: The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years’ experience managing staff in a health care setting (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). Must be able to travel to other centers.
PPM has a comprehensive and competitive compensation/benefits program for full-time employees to include employer matched 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, employer paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary and supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave and a generous time off package.
PPM is an equal opportunity employer. It is PPM's policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, military status, physical or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, personal appearance, familial status, political opinion, source of income, occupation, or any other category protected by law.