Health Care Assistant I Full-Time - Family Planning
Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio Lorain, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $17 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
*A Signing Bonus is Available for this position!*
Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio is seeking mission-minded Associates to join us as full time (30-37.5 per week) Health Care Assistants to serve our patients at our Lorain (Primary) and Rocky River (Secondary) Health Centers.
The Health Center Assistant (HCA) will function as part of the multidisciplinary team to provide sexual, reproductive, and primary health care services.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN?
We protect, promote, and provide empowered health care for people throughout Ohio.
- We respect and honor all people
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for patients and staff
- We provide health care - without judgment
- We maintain responsible business practices
- We regularly demonstrate our shared organizational workplace values and standards in order to educate and care for the communities that we serve
- Signing Bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical 90% employer-paid base medical plans for single coverage
- Vision 100% employer paid
- Life Insurance 100% employer paid
- Accidental Death & Disability 100% employer paid
- Long Term/Short Term Disability 100% employer paid
- 401(k) with matching employer contribution up to 4%
- Eight (8) paid holidays per year
- Financial incentive program for certified bilingual staff
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Customized interactive training and on-boarding program
- Gain and/or strengthen your experience in areas such as
- Collecting vital statistics
- Lab techniques
- Injection administration
- Proficiency in industry leading electronic health record system
- Opportunities to be promoted from within for those that demonstrate proficiencies and understanding of standard operating procedures over time and a commitment to positive patient experiences
- Be part of a team that provides critical health care and education to Ohioans
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist health center team in providing reproductive health services, including but not limited to contraceptive care, sexually transmitted infection screening and treatment, gender-affirming care including hormone therapy, annual wellness exams, LGBTQ+ inclusive care, limited primary care, and HIV testing, education and counseling
- Work closely with a team of other HCAs and Advanced Practice Clinicians to deliver patient-centered, medically accurate, high quality health care
- Support efficient workflow of patient-centered care by cross-training and actively participating in a wide range of duties including front office duties, medical assisting, vitals collection, injection and phlebotomy, medical history taking, providing education, billing and revenue cycle support, laboratory support, and medical records documentation
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in a health care setting preferred
- Knowledge and proficiency in medical assisting techniques and reproductive health preferred
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, judgment, organizational and communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish is highly desired
- Strong commitment to quality health care
Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio (PPGOH) is an equal opportunity employer. We care for our business by ensuring that all of our decisions regarding the employment relationship, including the terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, are in accordance with our principles of equal opportunity.
As a matter of PPGOH policy we affirm that we respect and honor all people and we will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
In addition to the above commitments, PPGOH seeks to have employees that reflect the broad diversity of those that we serve and we encourage all who are ready to be In This Together to apply.
As a mission-driven health care provider, Planned Parenthood is dedicated to ending health disparities and achieving health equity among all races. We work on all levels through our health centers, educational programming, and public policy to make the greatest impact on the communities we serve.
In order to become the leading organization for high quality reproductive health care, we continuously strive to create a supportive work environment that results in a positive experience for patients and associates alike. We find this support in our In This Together workplace values and service standards that bring associates together and foster an inclusive culture.
Planned Parenthood of Greater OhioWhy Work Here?
We are looking for individuals with a passion for reproductive health care. With locations across Ohio, you can work where you live.
Planned Parenthood has served Ohioans with safe, accessible, and affordable health care for 100 years and welcomed more than 100,000 patient visits to our health centers in 2020. Every day, we fight to provide this care to everyone, no matter their income level, insurance status, zip code, color, creed, or country of origin. As a mission-driven health care provider, Planned Parenthood is dedicated to ending health disparities and achieving health equity among all races. We work on all levels through our health centers, educational programming, and public policy to make the greatest impact on the communities we serve. In order to become the leading organization for high quality reproductive health care, we continuously strive to create a supportive work environment that results in a positive experience for patients and associates alike. We find this support in our In This Together workplace values and service standards that bring associates together and foster an inclusive culture.
200 W. 9th StreetLorain, OH