Campaign Organizing Specialist
Planned Parenthood Of The Rocky Mountains Las Cruces, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SUMMARY: Under the primary supervision of the Public Affairs Manager, the Campaign Organizing Specialist serves as a liaison between communities and the staff of Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains. They will work with activist communities as an integral part of achieving Planned Parenthood’s long-term goals. The Campaign Organizer will conduct civic engagement education in order to expand the understanding and access to PPRM’s services. Additionally, they will be responsible for expanding the participation in PPRM’s advocacy and activism programming throughout the state. Campaign Organizing Specialists will be responsible for co-creating organizing plans/strategies, as well as implementation of these plans. This position is hourly, non-exempt.
SCHEDULE: Typically Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm with some evening or weekend exceptions
SALARY: $20.40 - $23.85, depending on experience
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to contribute to the mission of Planned Parenthood, including reducing abortion stigma and impacting policy as well as public sentiment on reproductive health, rights, and justice issues. A college degree OR demonstrated equivalent experience in a relevant field, campaign organizing skills and database management experience are strongly preferred. Experience creating and implementing organizing plans and strategies required. Experience in recruiting, managing, and retaining activists preferred. Must be able to travel within the state regularly and within the four-state affiliate occasionally. Must possess valid driver’s license. Excellent computer skills, including database management and Microsoft Office programs required.
- Serves as member of PPRM Public Affairs team; responsible for creating and implementing a collaborative political activist coordination program.
- Serve as a liaison between communities and supporter base and Public Affairs team/work.
- Recruits, trains and coordinates activists for advocacy program.
- Develop relationships with and serve as a liaison between stakeholder constituencies and Public Affairs department.
- Collaborates with Public Affairs staff to implement leadership development programming for PPRM activists.
- Coordinates with PPRM and PPFA to build a sustainable atmosphere for reproductive rights advocacy.
- Maintains database for activists.
- Facilitates creation of campaigns/strategies/plans for organizing implementation to achieve policy or culture shift goals.
- Provides support to existing organizing programs in their area, such as Health Center Advocacy Programming, campus organizing, Raiz organizing, and electoral programming. This also includes all national Planned Parenthood organizing efforts, as directed by Public Affairs Manager.
- Provides additional line of communication with coalition partners on activist activity and new projects, as directed by Public Affairs Manager.
- Coordinate with the Volunteer Manager to ensure security and compliance measures are being met as per the overall goals of the Volunteer Department.
- Participates in abortion services (participation can include referrals, information, education)
- Other duties as assigned.
Planned Parenthood Of The Rocky Mountains
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, which includes health centers in Colorado, Southern Nevada, New Mexico, and Wyoming has been helping individuals make responsible choices for over 100 years. Since 1916, we have been committed to delivering the highest quality reproductive health care, teaching responsible and age-appropriate sexuality education and have been working diligently to protect a person's right to reproductive choice. Each year more than 100,000 people visit our health centers throughout our four state region.
AddressLas Cruces, NM
BusinessView all jobs at Planned Parenthood Of The Rocky Mountains