Clinical Informatics Analyst - (Hybrid)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Planned Parenthood Northern California (PPNorCal) is seeking a Clinical Informatics Analyst for our Data Analytics to join our team to ensure the accuracy, reliability, dependability, and quality of data outputs, visualizations, and informatics to facilitate decision-making processes. This position is based in Concord, CA with a hybrid, telecommuting option.
This role is full-time, 40 hours per week. PPNorCal provides a comprehensive benefits package including 100% employer paid medical insurance for the employee, dental and vision coverage, employer paid life and long-term disability insurance, 15 days of paid time off to start, 10 paid holidays, and a 403(b) retirement plan with 4% dollar for dollar employer match.
Planned Parenthood Northern California (PPNorCal) is seeking a Clinical Informatics Analyst to join our team to ensure the accuracy, reliability, dependability, and quality of data outputs, visualizations, and informatics to facilitate decision-making processes.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: After review of your application, resume and qualifications, you may be invited to the next phase of the selection process, which includes a pre-recorded video interview, responding to screening questions. If you are being invited to do the video interview, you will receive an email and text with the video platform link and will have 5 days to complete this video interview.
The Clinical Informatics Analyst reports to the Director of Analytics. They collaborate with the Analytics team and Clinical Operations leadership and team to write Structure Query Language (SQL) queries, analyze data, develop dashboards, and participate in fulfilling operational and ad-hoc data requests. The Clinical Informatics Analyst will ensure the accuracy, reliability, dependability, and quality of data outputs, visualizations, and informatics to facilitate decision-making processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Facilitate communication between clinical end-users across the patient care departments, vendors, and the IT Department.
- Work closely with clinical leadership to explore care improvement opportunities through improved patient data acquisition, interpretation, presentation, and data delivery.
- Set up standardized self-serve and subscription-based clinical reporting to support clinical and operational leaders' oversight.
- Conceptualize, design, and conduct new processes for internal and external data customers by data visualization and reporting.
- Ensure data warehouse serviceability, performance, and fault tolerance that might require interacting with IT, vendors, or users.
- Deliver accurate and complete information under strict deadlines.
- Create and publish routine visualizations/reporting and ad hoc reporting, as assigned.
- Active participation in advancing PPNorCal’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitment.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Analytics or Patient Services leadership.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Demonstrates professionalism, respect, and accountability for the proper performance of assigned duties and to the principles of the organization’s Mission and Values Statement. Provides a level of leadership and communication for the department that is consistent with the organization's expectations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare, Informatics, Business Analytics, Information Systems, or experience/alternative degree considered in lieu of education.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and knowledge of relational databases, data warehouses, and data management principles.
- 1+ years of working with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau/RStudio).
- 2+ years of Healthcare Operations or Informatics (clinical, business, or education)
- 3+ years of SQL in the Health Care industry
- 1+ year of Business Intelligence tools (Tableau/RStudio)
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work with a fast-paced analytical team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Electronic Practice Management (EPM) and Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Professional, customer-service-oriented attitude and demeanor.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, strong attention to detail, high regard for accuracy, and quality work.
- Effective and creative problem-solver with strong initiative and excellent follow-through.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and successfully meet deadlines.
- Commitment to quality Health Care.
Planned Parenthood Northern California is an equal opportunity employer and works affirmatively to include diversity among its staff and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex/gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, income, marital status or any other irrelevant dimension of diversity. PPNorCal values collaboration between employees of diverse backgrounds and experiences. Planned Parenthood Northern California generates healthier communities through the delivery of quality sexual and reproductive health care services.
We provide healthcare and education services to 137,000 adults and youth every year at 17 health centers located throughout 20 Northern California counties. Planned Parenthood Northern California offers high-quality, affordable health care to all, regardless of income, insurance, or immigration status. We care. No matter what!
Our experienced and caring medical staff gives each patient honest information and personal attention. We provide a full range of services, including birth control, breast exams, cancer screenings, medication and in-clinic abortion, pregnancy testing and counseling, prenatal care, PrEP, and nPEP to prevent HIV infection, STD screening and treatment, vasectomy and infertility services, gender-affirming hormone therapy, and more.
Planned Parenthood Northern California
HealthcareView all jobs at Planned Parenthood Northern California