Registered Nurse - Per Diem Fridays
- $55 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental
Provide nursing care and counseling services as part of the healthcare delivery team in all medical services provided according to approved protocols. Provide support to the Clinician staff for all clinical services. Provide direct patient care in all clinical services, including Family Planning, Prenatal, Abortion and Colposcopy.
· Provide nursing care and counseling services in family planning, prenatal, colposcopy, abortion, and HIV services according to protocols and as assigned.
· Coordinate care with the clinician, screening for psychosocial, medical and nutritional problems. Provide counseling, education and referrals, when problems are identified.
· Assist in all aspects of the provision of abortion care for patients including acting as Charge Nurse in charge of patient flow. Provide counseling for patients having a medical or surgical abortion. Work in the post-procedure room on surgical abortion day, overseeing the care of post-operative patients. Supervise medical assistants who work in the recovery room.
· Assist in emergency situations by providing nursing assessment and intervention.
· Perform post-surgical abortion phone calls to patients within 24-48 hours of procedure and complete follow-up paperwork.
· Triage family planning and gynecological patients, and assist providers as needed.
· Prepare and administer medications and immunizations according to standing orders.
· Assist clinicians in patient follow-up activities with abnormal laboratory results, pap smears, etc.
· Provide phone triage for patients with medical problems and questions.
· Perform laboratory tests and provide follow-up for abnormal laboratory results in collaboration with clinician.
· Screen hormonal contraceptive users for warning signs and minor side effects, and authorize refills as ordered by the clinician.
· Assist in management of the pre-natal program and assure that patients are receiving coordinated care. Provide pre-natal education for patients. Track and follow up on labs and referrals, follow-up on missed appointments, track delivery outcomes of patients and assure that patients return for postpartum visits. Maintain and keep up to date pre-natal logbook and perform quarterly pre-natal audits as requested.
· Perform chart audits/surveys, as assigned.
Experience, Education and Licensure
· Registered Nurse with a current NYS license in good standing.
· Must have current CPR/BLS certification.
· One to two years clinical experience in women’s health or ob/gyn nursing or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
· Ability to work as a team with a diverse group of staff and clients.
· Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
· Ability to use a computer for charting, documenting, communicating and researching.
Maintain a professional commitment in representing the philosophy and goals of Planned Parenthood
$55.00 an hour. The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future. When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable including location, specialty, service line, years of relevant or relatable experience, education, credentials, budget and internal equity.
Planned Parenthood Hudson PeconicWhite Plains, NY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.