*This position will be working partially remote to start and partially in office, based on what the needs are. You must be ok with working onsite at our Woodridge IL office 4 full days per week right now and the role would be fully onsite, post Covid pandemic when our offices reopen. Local candidates only, must be bilingual Spanish, and able to read/speak/write in Spanish.
Who We Are:
Through our network of websites and mobile apps, PlanetArt gives consumers the opportunity to design personalized products like holiday cards, photo canvases and customized gifts that are professionally printed. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events.
Our purpose is quite simple: We deliver smiles.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of the PlanetArt team, reporting directly to the VP, Human Resources, you are a well-rounded hands-on HR professional with generalist management experience as well as recruiting. You support the day to day HR functions for a 120+ employees in our Woodridge, IL location while executing corporate directed initiatives.
- Understand, endorse, communicate, and enforce company personnel policies, procedures, practices and organizational changes
- Collaborate with management to ensure procedures and policies are adhered to and are strategically organized
- Work directly with departmental managers to assist with employee relation issues and investigations, and to advise on disciplinary action
- Administer pre-employment checks including background reports, reference checks and drug screening
- Liaison between Sr. Management and employees
- Review, audit and approve time off requests and payroll submissions
- Administer processes surrounding company benefits, workers’ compensation and unemployment claims
- Support human resources activities associated with workforce balancing, including but not limited to performance management, employee selection and deselection
- Implement and support company culture initiatives, values and policies
- Support new-employee onboarding and orientations, HRIS employee record creation and I-9 compliance
- Assist with employee development and training initiatives
- Schedule, document and quantify exit interviews
- Handle all recruiting efforts for this office – As it pertains to peak and non-peak positions
- Manage the implementation of all company manuals to include: Employee Handbook, Training Manuals, and department policies for IL location
- Maintain human resources-related records to comply with state and federal record retention guidelines or applicable company policies
- Administer and maintain State and Federal employment laws and requirements
- All other duties as assigned
What You Should Have:
- Must be bilingual – English/Spanish, both conversational and written
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field OR 4-5 years’ human resources generalist experience
- Current PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- 3-5 years’ human resources generalist experience
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of Federal and Illinois Labor Laws and a general understanding of specific state employment and labor laws
- Experience working with staffing agencies to coordinate large seasonal staff during peak months
- Solid recruiting experience
- Strong ability to work independently and balance reporting to several leaders both on site and remote
- Experience in employee investigations and conflict resolution
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Proficiency in use of computers, HRIS applications and reporting
- Strong communication and analytical skills, ability to build rapport with all employees and management
- Solid problem solving and decision-making skills
- People-oriented and results-driven
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain sensitive data in a confidential manner.
How to Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s HR Business Partner role may be for you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter. Be sure to tell us why you think you’d be a great fit!
We look forward to hearing from you!
PlanetArt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.