Job Title: Manager in Training [MIT]
Reports to: Club Manager
Status: Full Time / Part Time / Supervisor / Non-Exempt
Responsible for assisting in the oversight of gym operations to ensure positive member experience and financially successful club with the intent of accelerated training to prepare for future club manager positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing staff.
2. Assist in member service oversight making sure all staff are providing great customer experience at all times.
3. Very involved in all front desk related tasks
4. Great/meet potential members and provide gym tour
5. Assist to facilitate member service issues and questions.
6. Assist with staff management and provide backup support to Club Manager as needed.
7. Ensure prompt opening of gym, when Club Manager is out (if applicable)
8. Assist in preparation of new hire paperwork
9. Assist in preparation of schedule and coverage of shifts as needed
10. Supervise all team members in the Club Manager’s absence
11. Assist in coaching and counseling performance to help achieve company standards
12. Assist in implementation and adherence to all company policies and procedures
13. Assist overseeing cleanliness and appearance of gym
14. Assist in managing marketing efforts. Making sure staff is aware and trained on all current marketing promotions.
15. Assist in ordering supplies, keeping inventory and tracking reports as needed.
16. Successful completion and demonstration of MIT training guide.
Essential Behavior Requirements
1. Customer Service: communicates and interacts with customers (includes coworkers and the public) in a way that exceeds the customer’s wants and needs.
2. Listening: actively listens to customers (includes coworkers and the public) empathizes sees the situation from the customer’s perspective) and works together to solve the problem.
3. Problem Solving: recognizes and defines problems; analyzes relevant information; encourages alternative solutions and plans to resolve situations; seeks additional assistance when needed.
4. Diplomacy: demonstrates tact and skill in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
● High school diploma
● Strong customer service skills
● Strong communication, organizational and leadership skills
● Basic computer proficiency
● Prior leadership experience required
● Standing and walking at least 75% of the shift
● Talking in person or on the phone at least 75% of the shift
● Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs less than 30% of the time