Planet Fitness - NJ/MA One World Fitness Clementon, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
The Fitness Instructor will be responsible for running the Planet Fitness group fitness program (PE@PF). This includes assisting new members in the achievement of their fitness goals by designing a simple workout program and instructing them on the proper use of equipment.
*Eligible for a $250 cash sign on bonus if employee meets specified requirements after 90 days of employment.*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and run the Planet Fitness PE@PF program, including creating and following the schedule.
- Consult with members regarding their fitness history, medical conditions and their fitness goals as well as instructing them on how to properly and safely use the equipment.
- Create bi-weekly updates consisting of a variety of exercises.
- Meet class requirements based on club size and member traffic.
- Assist in front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club.
- A passion for fitness and health!
- Upbeat and positive attitude.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Nationally Certified Training Certificate required.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occassionally lift up to 75lbs.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.
Planet Fitness - NJ/MA One World Fitness
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Planet Fitness - NJ/MA One World Fitness