Human Resource Generalist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Human Resources Generalist
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to not only take their HR skills to the next level, but to also learn about the franchise business & fitness industry by working for a fast paced and growing franchise company under the Planet Fitness concept currently owning over 90 locations throughout Connecticut, New York, New Mexico, Arizona, Tennessee, Georgia and Canada...and growing.
Under the management of the Vice President of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist (HRG) will provide a wide variety of both complex and routine deliverables across the origination as well as internally within the department. This is truly a Generalist role and will require the ability to work on several projects at one time in various areas of HR.
This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
- To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the company.
- Assists in writing, revising, editing and proofreading company policies and procedures and related documents as needed.
- Efficiently and effectively assist in the recruitment process for vacant positions.
- Assists with the performance evaluation process.
- Participates in surveys to ensure pay scale complies with changing laws and regulations and meets organizations objectives.
- Assist in benchmarking positions against market to ensure competitive compensation.
- Responds to questions from managers regarding the policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing and delivering department goals and objectives.
- Assists in employee relations issues, progressive discipline and exit interviewing and maintains documentation.
- Partner and work with other members of the HR team as needed on various tasks and projects.
- Maintains Human Resource Management tool and compiles turnover and retention reports from database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Experience & Skills:
- A bachelor's degree and three to five years of relevant HR experience.
- Background and knowledge of payroll, staffing, compensation, employment law, training and development, and/or benefits.
- Demonstrated success in detailed work requiring accuracy, high level of productivity, organization and a sense of urgency. Well-developed organizational and interpersonal business skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Planet Fitness Franchises
BusinessView all jobs at Planet Fitness Franchises