Position: Maintenance Technician
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location(s): Various assigned clubs
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Requirements: Valid driver’s license and driving record acceptable to be covered under company auto policy and ability to travel to various locations.
Travel: 80-90% Travel Daily among clubs. Possible Overnight Travel (perhaps 10-15% - 4 nights per month)
The Maintenance Technician will take ownership for the overall maintenance and repairs of their assigned clubs to ensure a safe and positive member experience. They will be responsible for their clubs’ overall appearance and functionality. They will be required to perform purchasing and inventory of maintenance parts & supplies, as well as accurately maintaining the associated documentation.
As the maintenance technician you will be traveling to various club locations to perform these job duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are typical for this classification. Employees may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those noted below:
- Perform building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and painting repairs as necessary
- Repair/replace any broken or missing amenities or equipment (Toilets, faucets, showers, hair dryers, gym equipment etc.) when needed
- Conduct club inspections to identify and resolve issues, and ensure equipment is in proper working order and coordinate with Facilities Manager and Operations Managers to discuss club maintenance needs and repairs
- Prioritize the maintenance and repairs of company equipment and parts including all cardo and strength training equipment.
- Implement preventative maintenance measures
- Maintain a Maintenance Log utilizing the companies Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) on an iPad or equivalent device.
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies
- Assist in maintenance activities for new club facilities along with current clubs
- Represent the company in a clean, professional and well-groomed manner and according to the PF dress code.
- Check and respond to email daily.
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow established safety protocol
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in general maintenance, including basic plumbing, electrical, mechanical and carpentry skills.
- Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field is a plus
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license and ability to travel between multiple locations.
- Materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of building structures and systems including those used in performing rough and finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, and painting work.
- Equipment, tools and materials used in facility maintenance activities.
- Construction and project management principles.
- Principles and practices of safety management.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Pertinent local, state and federal laws, ordinances, codes, and rules.
- Read and understand construction drawings, plans and specifications.
- Solve problems independently
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Reliability and punctuality
- Exceptional work ethic and honesty.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor field environment; travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, grease, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and all types of weather and temperature conditions.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp,and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to climb unusual heights on ladders; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight (up to 80lbs) ; to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Why you should join Planet Fitness?
- Contribute to changing people’s lives every day by helping us create a healthier Planet!
- Work alongside an amazing group of talented, dynamic professionals!
Want more reasons?
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- PTO – Paid Time Off
- Free Black Card Membership
- 401(K) and Roth Retirement Savings Plans
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- STD, LTD, Term Life Insurance and other benefits
Note: We participate in E-Verify for all Utah locations.
Planet Fitness - Fitton Clubs