Overnight Cleaner - Full Time
- Posted: over a month ago
At Planet Fitness, our mission has always been to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, judgement free environment. We are proud to be one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States with over 2,000 clubs and growing!
Joining the PF family means being part of a company that is based on an established culture and strong set of values. It is being a part of a supportive, engaging team that cares about bettering the health and wellbeing of the community in an environment where everyone feels like they belong. It is having fun at work while creating member experiences that consistently exceed their expectations. It means being part of a brand that you can be proud of!
Who You Are:
All of our Team Members at Planet Fitness share one thing in common – a passion for our amazing brand and a desire to make our members feel welcome in our Judgement Free Zone®
Characteristics that will make you a perfect match for our Cleaner position:
- Exhibit a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Have a passion for delivering a consistent and exceptional experience to our members, guests and fellow PF team members.
- Pride yourself on your work while being punctual, reliable and dependable.
- Handle all interactions with diplomacy and exhibit a genuine motivation for helping others.
- Act with integrity and show respect to everyone around you.
- Exhibit strong communication skills and have an ability to listen and empathize.
- Inspire and motivate others to achieve their goals.
- Are a quick study with the ability to apply what you have learned during online and hands-on training.
About the Cleaner Role:
As the Cleaner, you will be responsible for the overall cleanliness and sanitation of all areas of the facility to ensure an outstanding member experience. Cleanliness is critical to the Planet Fitness brand and the safety of our team members and members. These responsibilities include:
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize all common areas (i.e., restrooms, locker room, fitness equipment, Black Card Spa) according to Planet Fitness cleaning standards.
- Vacuum floor surfaces and operate the floor scrubber machine according to established schedule.
- Properly dispose of trash and maintain the trash cans/cleaning centers.
- Replenish supplies and paper products as needed. Communicate inventory needs to the Club Manager.
- Clean/dust items high off the ground (i.e., ceiling fans, TVs, rafters)
- Report any broken or missing amenities or equipment (Toilets, faucets, showers, hair dryers, gym equipment etc.) to the Club Manager.
- Operate washing machine and dryer.
- Maintain cleaning equipment (i.e., cleaning the mop bucket, emptying vacuum bags)
- Greet members/guests as they enter and exit the club; assisting them with any questions or concerns as they check in.
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with their inquiries.
- Execute retail transactions with accuracy and drive sales goals.
- Resolve member concerns and escalate to a Manager as needed.
- Frequently perform a comprehensive walk of all club areas; quickly fix any safety/policy issues and address cleanliness concerns.
About Your Qualifications:
- 6-12 months of experience in a customer service environment is preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a background check
- Willing to become CPR/AED Certified (Training provided by Planet Fitness)
- Basic computer proficiency
Physical Demands of the Cleaner:
- Continual standing and moving throughout the club to accomplish tasks during shift.
- Continual communicating in person or on the phone to exchange information during shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Will encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities.
- Moving self in different positions, including bending and twisting, to accomplish tasks.
More reasons to join Planet Fitness!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vacation/Sick Time/Holiday Pay
- Free Black Card Membership
- 401(K) and Roth Retirement Savings Plan
- Term Life Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee perks and discounts
- Engaging team-building competitions and social events
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.
Planet Fitness Club Careers
Real EstateView all jobs at Planet Fitness Club Careers