Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world's toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Customer Success team at Planet Federal is seeking a new Customer Success Engineer to maintain and grow customer relationships with our DoD/IC customers! Your mission will be to act as our main point of contact for our customers during their time with Planet's contract life cycle and own your focus on client retention. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, creative thinker, and a great communicator. Maintaining a human-centered approach, you will help drive value realization and return on the client's investment. In addition, you will utilize your good working knowledge of remote sensing, GIS and geospatial imagery products to be our customer's go-to Planet ambassador.
We're all working from home right now, but this role will be based out of our downtown Washington DC office when the time is right. You will at times need to travel to customer sites in the metro DC area but occasionally much farther.
Impact You'll Own:
- On-boarding and training of new clients
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships - ensuring contract renewal
- Assist customers to expand their usage and adoption of our products
- Provide excellent customer experience, ensure successful delivery of our services, produce timely solutions according to customer needs and goals
- Communicate consistently with clients throughout the contract life-cycle, escalating important issues where needed
- Work closely with sales representatives and other teams across the company
What You Bring:
- Experience working as, or supporting, imagery analytics for a DoD/IC organization
- Good working knowledge of geospatial technologies, GIS or Remote Sensing and familiarity with tools such as ArcGIS, SocketGXP, QGIS or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully communicate and coordinate with Federal customers & the Federal sales team
- Strong problem solving skills and proactive work style
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job requirements
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation
- Eligibility for a US Government security clearance up to TS/SCI
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Good understanding of internet technologies protocols and components
- Familiarity with APIs, authentication and debugging
- Some knowledge of a scripting language and can use to it automate tasks or invoke APIs
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Business week
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Business week video
"Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace"
Planet Federal is headquartered in Washington D.C. If you are feeling inspired, check
out our websitehttps://planetfederal.applytojob.com/applyand apply. Be sure to
include a cover letter to let us know why you think you'd be a good fit and feel free to
mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from
people of all backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that failure to reveal any prior employer, or giving false or misleading information by me on any part of this Application for Employment can result in disqualification for employment consideration or, if hired, may be grounds for termination from the company or its' subsidiaries. I understand that if I am hired, my employment is for no definite time and may be terminated at any time without prior notice.
We participate in e-verify and support immigrant and employee rights. Please see the following attachments for more details.