Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, humanitarian, and government sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a talented Account Executive (AE) based out of our D.C. office who will be responsible for growing Planet Federal’s presence across key Federal Civilian accounts. The ideal candidate for this position is a strategic career sales executive who understands how to identify and prioritize sales activity to establish adoption of innovative solutions in Federal Agencies. This person will have a successful history of driving adoption of new data, technology and workflows that enable organizations to make better decisions and in ways that previously were not available. Above all else, we want our potential AE to be passionate about our unique value proposition and join us in Planet’s mission to see change and change the world.
This role will focus on the following Civilian accounts:
Department of Commerce, Department of Transportation, and the Department of Justice.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and deliver on a strategy for your territory/accounts that will generate a quality pipeline that reflects the mission impact of Planet’s offerings unique to each account’s mission.
- Collaborate and lead sales activities across all key teams required for your territory: Sales Development Representatives(SDRs), Marketing, Pre-Sales, Sales Operations, Partner/Channel and Customer Success teams..
- Successfully represent Planet’s capabilities in all customer facing engagements.
- Demonstrating sales acumen by managing your opportunities through a proven Sales methodology and joint planning process that effectively manages agreement/contract/procurement obstacles to achieve an ultimate win.
- Manage the contracting and Federal procurement process specific to your accounts to ensure contracts consistent with Planet’s capabilities and standards.
- Accurately manage your pipeline and forecasts leveraging tools such as Salesforce, Clari and through sales account planning processes.
What we value:
- 5+ years track record of successfully driving adoption of new software and/or analytics solutions within the Federal market.
- 3+ years as a Sales executive covering Transportation, Commerce or Justice.
- Strong understanding of the value of commercial satellite imagery and/or sensor data.
- Proven success in obtaining awards for software and services through various Federal Contracting avenues beholden to FAR and DFAR.
- A proven track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales goals in a quota and commission structure.
- Strong work ethic with high energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently under tight deadlines.
- Experience in a start-up company is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate professional experience.
Some press about us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
"Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace" —Planet Blog
Planet Federal is headquartered in Washington D.C. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website https://planetfederal.applytojob.com/apply and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you’d be a good fit and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that failure to reveal any prior employer, or giving false or misleading information by me on any part of this Application for Employment can result in disqualification for employment consideration or, if hired, may be grounds for termination from the company or its' subsidiaries. I understand that if I am hired, my employment is for no definite time and may be terminated at any time without prior notice.
We participate in e-verify and support immigrant and employee rights. Please see the following attachments for more details.
Powered by JazzHR