Sr. Manager/ Director HR and People
Planet DDS Newport Beach, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
We are actively recruiting a Human Resources and People Sr. Manager/ Director to join Planet DDS in Newport Beach, CA to support the business's needs and strategic objectives of the organization. Reporting to the CEO, the goal of the position is to promote company values and enable business success by developing, setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices that meet long-range, strategic goals.
This newly created position will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to partner in building a best-in-class People department and oversee all aspects of Human Resources and People practices and processes. The Sr. Manager/Director designs, develops, and implements People plans, programs, and initiatives in support of the business strategy and operating plans. The position manages activities associated with Employee Relations, Acquisition Integration, Affirmative Action, Compensation Plan Design, Staff Assessment, Training, and Performance Management. Also, the Sr. Manager/ Director actively participates in organizational design and development initiatives. S/he ensures legal compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
The successful candidate will be results-driven, have proven success working as an HR manager, and possess the ability to architect strategy. S/he will understand and utilize metrics to measure performance and have strong knowledge of labor laws and best practices in HR. Leadership skills and the competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company are critical.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in building best-in-class human resources policies, systems, and programs to support continued success and growth
- Design and implement company processes associated with employee selection, orientation, and termination to ensure consistent practice between operational locations
- Coach Managers and Executives in the assessment, resolution, and appropriate management of employee relations and performance issues
- Ensure compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements. Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law and effectively work with employment legal counsel and other third-party advisors. Ensure appropriate file maintenance and execution of all local, state, and federal laws
- Research, develop, and implement competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs
- Develop structure and documentation for internal investigations
- Work with the executive team to update and maintain an appropriate employee handbook and policies for the organization. Continually update policies
- Ensure efficient technology systems are in place and evaluate for upgrades, new systems, etc.
- Identify key HR performance indicators for the organization and assess success and market competitiveness based on metrics
- In conjunction with corporate counsel, lead investigation and resolution of employee complaints of harassment and discrimination
- Establish and administer annual merit planning process
- Manage efforts of all third-party vendors involved in the administration of outsourced HR services such as COBRA, FSA, background screening, 401k plan administration, etc. to ensure the achievement of program objectives and regulatory compliance
- Take an active role in the improvement of safety and health in the workplace
- Responsible for providing direction and supervision to Human Resource Administrator functions
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree
- A PHR, SPHR, or equivalent HR certification is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience with a minimum of 1 year of managerial experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the business implementation of decisions focused on organizational profitability and maximization of organizational human and financial resources
- An ability to create, implement, and maintain a full range of HR-related systems and programs
- Project planning and follow-through skills
- Skills to efficiently balance concurrent and changing priorities based on needs, objectives, and employee advocacy
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to establish expectations and monitor delegated activities
- A resolution and result-oriented focus with the ability to effectively influence the actions and options of individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws and regulations including OSHA, EEOC, FLMA, and worker's compensation.
- Knowledge of California specific HR laws, regulations and challenges is a plus
Powered by JazzHR
AddressNewport Beach, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Planet DDS