Senior Project Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Planate Management Group (PMG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and Orlando, Florida USA with a technical support center in South East Asia and East Africa, that provides program management and facilities engineering services worldwide. Planate is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its Service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) missions, along with other US federal agencies, all over the world.
The Senior Project Engineer will act as a supplement of the existing federal staff to ensure timely completion of authorized work for the 183 schools under the Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) and BIE facilities around the country. All personnel must be able to perform onsite inspections and evaluations of physical facilities nationwide to determine actual condition of existing buildings, functional adequacy, and compliance to code requirements and examine existing facilities, utilities and site for renovation, reuse or functional modifications.
This is a two-year project. Our salary range for the position, based on market date, is $100-$130k/year (the range varies depending on experience and qualifications).
- Plan the projects for maintenance, repair and renovation work
- Responsible for planning and managing the site assessments, project plans, project management for any repair, renovation or construction of existing facilities
- Recommend solutions concerned with maintenance, repairs, renovations, upgrades and construction of BIE facilities
- Advise and assist with the development of policy, procedural and regulatory program
- Provide regular program status reports and financial reports for all projects
- Perform onsite inspections and evaluations of physical facilities nationwide
- Oversight and management controls and procedures to improve the quality of services and ensure compliance with laws, regulations, rulings, policies and standards application to Indian Affairs
- Ensures that schedules, inspections, materials, methods and equipment used in planning, design and construction are appropriate and timely
- Develop plans and conceptual design solutions for renovations and improvements to facilities
- Review proposed sites for project, evaluate and recommend adequacy with regard to topography, subsurface conditions, utilities, development costs and other factors
- Ensures all projects comply with Health and Safety, construction codes, building codes and other federal requirements
- Develop project scope, schedule and cost estimates for contracting detailing material and labor cost
- Facilitate meetings to keep project on schedule
- Provide weekly updates on projects by reports with show schedule and cost variance
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as needed
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a comprehensive knowledge of project management of construction and renovation work from planning, design and construction
- Must be a Professional Engineer
- Knowledge of project management with cost and schedule principals, coordination with other engineers
- Be able to facilitate project meetings to keep project on schedule
- Must have design and construction experience
- Familiar with design and construction methods
- With a valid driver’s license
Visit our career site https://planate.com/careers/ to know more about our other openings.
COVID 19 PROTOCOL: Due to the nature of work, the successful candidate will be required to comply with all Federal guidelines regarding vaccination for all employees and contractors (as applicable in the respective U.S. State or outlying area). Please refer to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors for more information.
Planate Management Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Joining the Planate team opens you to an experience working for a Global company where you are among a team that is considered a premier trusted partner for planning, design, engineering, asset management, and professional service solutions anytime, anywhere. We Take Care of Our Own; Personally, and Professionally, Up and Down the Line.
Employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- 401K plan eligibility upon hire
- Health and Savings Account plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Offering
- Training and Development
- License/Certification support
- Recognition and Rewards program
- Travel Insurance
We’d love for you to be a part of our Global workforce, helping us serve as an effective and integrated partner to advance every client's mission!
Planate Management Group
TechnologyView all jobs at Planate Management Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?