Email Marketing Sr. Coordinator
- $58,655 to $90,915 Yearly
Plan works for girls’ rights. Harmful barriers like child marriage, human trafficking and gender-based violence are preventing girls and young women from achieving their full potential. Plan, along with government and private partners, fights against harmful gender norms and empowers young people to create positive change in their communities. We have worked in communities for more than 80 years and provide locally-driven programming through 240 offices around the world.
Plan International USA is fully committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people from all forms of violence.
The Email Marketing Sr. Coordinator is responsible for end-to-end management of Plan USA’s email program, both as a part of our marketing/revenue goals (with the objectives of increasing supporters, brand awareness and revenue) as well as acting as a service provider to other units within Plan that use email to communicate with their audiences. This position will directly implement the email strategy and program, reporting to the digital director as part of Plan’s donor marketing team.
Email marketing (90% of role):
- Manage comprehensive email marketing program and work to achieve year-over-year revenue growth contributing to team goals.
- Create and implement email strategy in alignment with organizational objectives, and email marketing best practices to increase revenue and support, donor retention, stewardship, and engagement, suggesting updates as needed.
- Strategy includes sections for each segment owner, including the marketing, philanthropy, youth engagement, stewardship, and programs & policy teams.
- Manage email production across teams, including building emails, doing quality control checks, sending emails through a proofing process, making edits, and scheduling the final send.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the email program, including:
- Managing lists and sends on Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Maintaining the email calendar in collaboration with other organizational audience owners
- Managing audience and segment overlap, in collaboration with other organizational audience owners
- Managing the testing strategy and schedule for email, in consultation with our digital agency
- Updating templates, journeys and automations as needed.
- Creating email plans (inclusive of email cadence, messaging, and testing plans) for marketing campaigns, building, optimizing and scheduling marketing team emails.
- Serving as the super-user and manager of our email marketing automation tool, including:
- Training new users
- Serving as a liaison between Plan and our digital agency
- Monitoring email sends to avoid overage fees for volume
- Managing external vendors working in our email system
- Troubleshooting malfunctions within the email marketing tool with the support of the platform customer success team
- Ensure attribution best practices are used to track email engagement, lead generation, and revenue
- Plan email lead generation campaigns and manage the email opt-in/opt-out processes
- Act as an email service provider for all teams by offering consultations and strategy support, including:
- Analyzing performance and providing performance reports, including evaluation of email key performance indicators against industry benchmarks.
- Consulting on content planning and scheduling for email campaigns throughout the year.
- Suggesting A/B and other testing to improve results, assisting in the setup of tests, evaluating results and making recommendations based on results.
- Providing expertise on and oversight of ongoing email journeys, auditing content on a regular basis and recommending updates as needed.
- Deliver regular reporting with actionable insights on the performance of the overall email program across teams; this includes defining metrics, establishing benchmarks and leveraging Salesforce, Marketing Cloud and Google Analytics to monitor performance and optimize for each audience segment.
- Collaborate closely with the creative team by sharing email performance updates, best practices, new trends and examples with writers and designers on a quarterly basis.
Digital marketing (10% of role):
Support the digital team in implementing the overall digital strategy and reporting on progress toward goals on a quarterly basis.
Assist in managing our digital agency, which includes collaborating and providing feedback on paid media plans for both evergreen and seasonal campaigns, and sharing internal data and reports as requested.
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in coding HTML/CSS to build responsive mobile, tablet, desktop and web client emails.
- 1-3 years experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Proficiency with a variety of software, including CRMs, various analytic and tracking platforms, as well as the Google suite of marketing tools, including Google Analytics 4.
- Proven history of improving key email metrics (clickthrough rate, click-to-open rate, conversion rate, click-to-conversion rate) in a sales or nonprofit donation environment.
- Experience with nonprofit digital fundraising, acquisition and retention strategies strongly preferred.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, supporting an excellent ability to assemble and effectively communicate insights from data.
- Strong attention to detail, proactive problem-solving, the ability to work independently, as well as excellent organizational and time management skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or commensurate experience).
- 2+ years of experience managing an email marketing program, ideally for nonprofit fundraising.
This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and follows all laws associated with the EEOC.
Plan USAWashington, DC
Get fresh Email Marketing Sr. Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.