Spark Developer - C2C (REMOTE) - 1126
Position Type: Direct Hire – Perm
Rate/Salary: Salary or hourly position
Residency Requirements: US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
***Client is located in Chicago, IL but this is a remote position***
As a Big Data Spark Developer/Engineer, you will interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the Spark code development life cycle including gathering requirements, implementing complex componential models, massively parallel processing and advanced data modeling as well as performance tuning and scalability. You will play an important role all throughout the development process, from creating the high level design artifacts to actual implementation.
- Hands-on experience with AWS cloud
- 2+ years of experience in Spark development including data frames, data transformations, performance tuning, memory sizing and tuning Spark Master and Executors.
- 2+ years of experience in Python and Spark/Python writing streaming and/or batch processing code (for example – coding ETL pipelines). REQUIRED
- Some hands-on experience with AWS services and solutions (Glue) - REQUIRED
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with the Hadoop ecosystem components for data analysis
- 2+ years of hands-on data modeling including table partitioning models
- Deep understanding in multi-threading and thread concurrency concepts.
- Deep understanding of computer science concepts such as data structures, object oriented programming, algorithms.
- Good understanding of database data structures, data modeling and practices.
- Proficient in Linux including scripting(bash, shell) and process scheduling.
- Analytical skills, problem solving skills in the Big Data knowledge domain.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Some hands-on experience with AWS services and solutions, such as RDS or EMR is highly desirable