Placers Inc Elkton, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $55 to $60 Hourly
Placers is seeking an Experienced and Reliant, Process Engineer for our premier client site located in the Newark, DE and Elkton, MD area. As an experienced Process Engineer, your daily activities may include driving projects to transition within assembly processes from NPD to pilot scale, scale volume of mature products, and manufacturing process improvement and modification, expansion of process capabilities, and further enhancement of material technology, while ensuring a safe and cost-effective work environment. You will also have opportunities to contribute to the installation, operation, maintenance, and upgrade of production and testing equipment, equipment layout, and workflow. This opportunity is a 1-year contract with the possibility of turning into a permanent position with the company. The current shift is Monday-Friday, from 8am-5pm.
With a team of passionate staffing experts, high-powered hiring tools, and a wide network of clients and positions, when businesses need talent and job seekers are searching for the perfect opportunity, they turn to Placers. With Placers, you'll never be “just another resume”. Placers values everyone. We like you the way you are. We are committed to creating an environment where anyone, from any background, can do their best work and make Placers better. From day one, we’re invested in your success and work closely with you to understand your unique goals. We are committed to being a consultant to business and a coach to the workforce by not settling for “good enough” and ensuring you are receiving Nth degree service! If you’re a job seeker, apply today, and allow us to ignite the spark between businesses and next-level talent!
● Provide day-to-day process support for the manufacturing of existing products and transition of new products and processes into manufacturing.
● Apply formal problem-solving techniques to determine root cause, troubleshooting non-conforming products, raw materials, and components, and developing and implementing corrective and preventative action plans.
● Identify and address opportunities to continuously improve our products and processes; and assess for regulatory, quality, ergonomic, safety, environmental, and cost impact
● Understand critical process parameters to ensure the process reliably delivers a fit for use product that meets all specifications and customer requirements
● Plan and execute technical work using statistical techniques including Design of Experiments and Statistical Process Control.
● Drive a wide range of process projects throughout the development cycle: development, scale-up, validation, and improvement (improved safety, cost, quality, capability, and capacity).
● Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of hands-on engineering experience in a manufacturing environment post-graduation.
● Proven history of documenting and communicating work effectively
● Demonstrated ability to apply engineering fundamentals and statistical tools to development, optimization, and troubleshooting activities
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, and drive multiple projects concurrently from development to completion against agreed upon timelines and deliverables
● Demonstrated ability to identify critical issues and failure modes, creating a framework of action to address these issues and assess root cause including effective risk-based decision making.
● Ability to travel periodically up to 5%
● The successful completion of an extensive background check and 10-panel drug screen, if applicable
Equal Employment Opportunity
Placers will recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all
personnel actions, without regard to individual’s race, religion, creed or color, national origin,
ancestry, mental and/or physical disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or
other characteristics protected by law. Placers will make reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals and will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is prohibited.
Diversity and Inclusion Promise
At Placers, we will continue to make our workplaces trusting places to have complex and sometimes difficult conversations about diversity and inclusion.
Placers IncWhy Work Here?
Opportunities for Temp to Perm, Outstanding company culture, Tasks that matter!
ManufacturingView all jobs at Placers Inc