Placer Private Physicians, Inc.
Medical Receptionist with Administrative Assistant Duties
The best candidate for this position will have outstanding people skills, a friendly and welcoming demeanor, professional appearance, energy, creativity, strong organizational skills, and a strong interest in health and wellness. This person will rotate between doing front office patient registration / reception duties and back office administration.
Front office duties include (but are not limited to):
- Open the office each morning
- Listen and respond to voicemails (phone and MedxCom)
- Greet patients and make them comfortable
- Ensuring patients complete required paperwork
- Use EPIC EMR to manage patient demographic and insurance information
- Use EPIC EMR to schedule and confirm patient appointments
- Answer incoming calls and direct callers as needed or taking appropriate messages
- Contact patients as requested by the doctor
- Process and file incoming paperwork
- Maintaining medical records (filing, organizing) in both paper and electronic format
- Prepare for upcoming patient appointments
- Scheduling follow-up appointments
- Managing all clerical aspects of a medical practice
Back office administrative duties include (but are not limited to):
- New patient coordination and paperwork
- Assist with patient billing, invoicing, and collections
- Manage office calendar including staff vacations
- Lead, record, and follow up on office staff meetings
- Manage office supplies
- Helping the physicians with various administrative tasks
- Lead coordinator on EPIC Electronic Medical Record issues
As our Medical Receptionist and Administrative Assistant, you are an essential part of both our patients’ experiences and office administration.
A major strength is your professional and friendly demeanor and your positive attitude. You have a great phone manner, strong communication skills, and a desire to provide exceptional customer service. You are computer-savvy, quick to learn new technology, and comfortable working in a digitally-oriented office.
As office administrator, your organizational skills, leadership, and staff communication skills will be of utmost importance. You will be an integral part in the maintaining the daily functions of the office. You will often serve as the liaison between the staff and the physicians.
You are sensitive to the confidential nature of patient information, and agree to honor our privacy practices. You enjoy a workday that combines a variety of activities, from talking with patients to keeping the office running in a smooth and organized fashion, and are able to handle those tasks in a graceful and systematic manner. You are reliable, optimistic, and enjoy creating a nurturing environment. You have an interest in and commitment to health and wellness.
- High School diploma required
- Associates degree or higher a plus
- A stable work history (previous experience in medical field is a plus)
- No criminal history
- Legal US resident with excellent command of the English language
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Practice Management & EMR system experience a plus
- Familiarity with EPIC EMR systems a major plus
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Mature and professional demeanor and appearance
- Enjoy interacting with patients in-person and on the phone
- Flexibility to work extra hours, if needed
- Great organization skills
We consider this a full time position. Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Report directly to the supervising physicians.
Placer Private Physicians, Inc. has the right to modify the duties and functions of the job description based on the needs of the organization.
Job Description Review:
This job description will be reviewed and updated, if necessary, at the employees’ annual review.
Not an exempt position.