Sr. Analytics Developer
Placed Denver, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our valued client is seeking a Senior Analytics Developer & Coach to join their Corporate Digital Capital team. This individual partners with the business to empower decision-makers to be more independent and successful in the use of the enterprise data warehouse. Coaches business partners to leverage a self-service analytic operational model. Provides oversight and technical guidance to enforce standards and quality of Analytic solutions.
• Works closely with identified business analytic power users to understand their objectives and guide them to create analytic solutions leveraging the self-service analytics environment. Supports and encourages business partners in the analysis of data and the creation of informative visualizations.
• Recommends solutions or improvements to the team and to management. Develops strong internal client relationships and conforms to all established departmental standards.
• Leads all phases of basic to highly complex analytic projects. Participates in requirements gathering, performs data profiling, designs data flows and data sources, builds queries, builds data models, and applies business logic/calculations.
• Provides input on project status reports and any unexpected events to management.
• Certifies proposed and implemented solutions through testing, including functional, usability, integration, performance, quality assurance, operations, recovery, and user acceptance.
• Mentors less experienced team members and provides guidance and technical expertise.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 6 years of related experience.
• Strong understanding of BI Tools (Qlik, PowerBI)
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Experience implementing user-self-service analytics.
• Familiar with data democratization.
• Exposure to Data Governance frameworks and process
• Previous experience developing training plans and conducting training for BI Tools
Skills and Abilities
• Advanced ability to create data visualization and transform concepts into fully realized production applications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
• Advanced knowledge of the features, benefits, and application of Business Intelligence tools and comparable technology solutions.
• Knowledge of database design and implementation (ex: Oracle and SQL Server).
• Experience with Agile/Scrum.
• Ability to learn the business and develop relationships that enhance value.
• Expert in manipulating SQL queries.
• Effective communication and relationship-building skills.
• Possess strong cross-functional collaboration skills.
• Demonstrated and proven ability to analyze complex business problems and provide efficient and effective solutions.
• Experience coaching, mentoring, and engaging business partners to attain business goals.
• Ability to mentor junior staff.
TechnologyView all jobs at Placed