Help Desk Manager
Placed Lafayette, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our valued client, who is a leader in the in-home healthcare space, is seeking an IT Service Desk Manager. This is a full-time position located in Lafayette, LA. Must have experience managing a desk with 15 analysts or more.
The IT Service Desk Manager is a multidisciplinary role working to deliver superior customer service, technical support, and manage all aspects of the IT Service Desk. The IT Service Desk Manager will manage a team of internal Tier 1 and Tier 2 service desk staff services in order to deliver exceptional support services to our clients. Daily responsibility of managing the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end-user service requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of service tickets. Directly responsible for reporting processes and standard operating procedures to support maximum productivity, service quality, compliance, and client satisfaction. Frequently, the IT Helpdesk Manager will participate as the liaison with customers to ensure the solutions and support exceeds customer expectations.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the IT Service Desk support for the entire organization
- Responsible and Accountable for IT Service Desk Management (ITSM) utilizing industry best practices like the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Ensure that all processes used by the service desk are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved.
- Use best practices in the delivery of technical support such as: Average Speed to Answer, First Call Resolution, CSAT, and support metrics tracking and reporting.
- Track that calls/requests are being taken/logged, assigned, acknowledged, monitored, and resolved in a timely and efficient manner and escalate support as necessary across IT groups.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Review incident tickets daily for content, proper routing, first call resolution, problem detection and timely closure. Ensure all operational processes/procedures are accurate, clearly documented, maintained, and followed. Introduce IT support process improvement measures. Responsible for schedules of all IT Service Desk. Develop metrics and templates to evaluate technical support issue response times and resolutions.
- Develop training frameworks and programs to assist staff to keep updated on new industry practices. Interact with IT vendors, external suppliers and other contractual partners to ensure procurement on timely basis. Motivate support team through performance coaching and training objectives. Improve productivity by highlighting deficiencies and recommending change in tools, training, and processes.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issues are resolved and customers are satisfied. Report operational achievements and progress on regular basis to include statistical analysis and improvement of action plans. Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement, in terms of efficiency of support processes, customer satisfaction and the application of tools for monitoring.
- Generate key reports for management regarding system availability, service level agreements, uptime, average ticket resolution time. Responsible for management, prioritization and dispatch of incoming Service Desk tickets with minimal supervision and ensure 100% compliance with Service Level Agreement (SLA).
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field
5+ years of relevant industry experience
- 3+ years of management and supervisory experience with a strong customer service background
- Working in a leadership role in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Performance management and day-to-day coaching IT support personnel
- Improving IT service delivery across multiple KPIs (resolution time, customer satisfaction, cost reduction, etc.)
- Establishing departmental budgets and cost controls
- Managing ticketing systems, creating reports and presenting information to executive leadership
- Sourcing and recommending vendors, managed service providers, technical solutions, and software systems
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Masters Degree
- Establishing new support teams – from the ground up
- Supporting healthcare organizations in roles of increasing responsibility
- Working with HIPAA and HITRUST mandates
- Customer service focused interpersonal skills - with a focus on listening and questioning
- Relationship management and performance management skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Effective communications with employees at all levels
- Positive “can do” attitude with a willingness to improve and ask for help when needed
- Strong documentation skills.
- Research, process, and leverage new information involving a wide range of computing issues effectively
- Present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end-users
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Self-motivated and able to work individually with little supervision
TechnologyView all jobs at Placed