Superintendent - Commercial Construction
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Superintendent - Commercial Construction
We have an immediate opening for a Traveling Construction Site Superintendent – General Contracting/Grocery & Retail Division. This position will be primarily focused on supervising, inspecting and approving day to day operations of the Grocery Retail Division projects. We offer highly competitive pay, bonus potential and benefits package. This is a 100% travel position.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise, inspect and approve day to day operations of grocery retail projects
- Completing all required on-site paper work
- Coordinating construction project with store management, subcontractors and PSI employees
- Representing PSI with professionalism and integrity
- Schedule, manage, and assist, as needed, subcontractors
- Set expectations of subcontractor and hold them accountable for results
- Provide direct accountability for job safety reporting and documentation
- Complete reports and documentation required or requested by management
- Inspect and secure jobsite to prevent damages and theft
- Ensure a safe work environment by following and enforcing safety standards
- Establish sequence & manner to carry out work, consistent with Project Manager's direction and to keep project on schedule
- Ability & willingness to study, understand, direct, perform, based on construction drawings
- Prepare and document job meetings, safety meetings, reports, daily pictures & logs
- Be willing to physically work as needed
- Always be willing to accomplish any other task that may be required at any given time
- 5+ years of prior construction superintendent experience required
- Read and understand drawings and specs, and ensure that all scopes are completed in accordance with prints and specs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong phone and computer skills including Word, Excel' Outlook, and sending of photos
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time if needed, able to work Friday thru Saturday if needed and have a valid driver’s license
- OSHA 10 hour, basic first aid & CPR training
- Work at night if required
- Learn quickly and make educated decisions as required to maintain schedule
- Solid work ethic with the willingness to do what is needed to complete the job and remain on schedule
- Must be abIe to understand the projects from start to finish and anticipate potential problems
- Manage both subcontractors and PSI employees
- Communicate with clients and provide them with project details, as well as keep them fully updated with the schedule
- Identify and solve problems
- Manage Actual schedule, including two-week lookaheads
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to lift 75 lbs.
- The ability to transfer 130 1bs. a distance of 12 feet with the help of another Person.
- The ability to work outdoors in diverse environments.
- The ability to ascend and descend ladders and other elevated structures.
- Must be able to work at heights from an elevated aerial device
Place Services benefits include:
- Competitive base salary with bonus potential
- Travel per diem pay
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life and Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan including a ROTH IRA option
- Generous Personal Time Off program & paid holidays
As an EEO employer, Place Services, Inc. is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Place Services, Inc. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
"Building Our Company by Building Our People"
Place Services Inc. is a nationwide Commercial General Contractor and Subcontractor company specializing in remodeling and new construction of retail Big Box stores. PSI was founded 2006 and has grown into a $100 million dollar company. We have worked for a wide range of retail giants including Walmart, Publix, JC Penny’s, Best Buy, CVS, RaceTrac, QuikTrip, Kroger, and Macy’s.
Place Services Inc.Why Work Here?
Dynamic, growing construction company, great benefits, and opportunity for growth!
Place Services Inc. (PSI) "Building Our Company by Building Our People" Place Services Inc. is a nationwide Commercial General Contractor and Subcontractor company specializing in remodeling and new construction of retail Big Box stores as well as projects for the Department of Veterans Affairs, the military, as well as local government entities (building fire stations, renovating schools, etc.). PSI was founded 2006 and has grown into a $150 million dollar company.