Position Description:If you want to do work that really matters this role might be for you. We have more than just run of the mill projects for everyday clients. Our portfolio of clients includes a growing health insurance company that is out to disrupt how healthcare is delivered,and a nonprofit that is ending homelessness to name just a few.
Our values are simply stated as “clever, daring, people”. This means we take good care of our clients,and more importantly we care for each other. We believe in balance. When it’s time to be with family and friends,you should be able to leave work behind. We approach our work with enthusiasm and are not afraid to “figure things out” even when we know we might fail. Above all, we are driven to grow, to learn and work hard all while we have fun.
If you have an innate belief that you can make a difference and that your work matters… to clients, to colleagues, and most importantly, to yourself… we invite you to talk with us about joining our team.
· You must have an eye for design that does more than just look pretty
· You MUST be a creative problem solver that can collaborate with other designers
· Ability to work on the multiple team projects in a fast-paced environment, and still have fun
· Passionate about your work, willing to help others and lead when appropriate
· Organized, self-motivated, effective verbal and written communicator
· High energy, confident, team player
· You have a natural curiosity and consider yourself a lifetime learner
· Ability to integrate with an evolving team and impact our culture positively
· Excited about working on a wide variety of projects
Skills –Minimum 5-year experience
· High level understanding of current marketing communication and media channels
· Have a level of business acumen that informs your design
· Expert levels of knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite
· Ability to design for both print and digital
· Willing to work on a broad range of projects from simple to complex
· Basic copy writing abilities
· Demonstrated ability to create breathtaking designs for a variety of different industries
· Knowledge of HTML a plus but not required
Our Designer will be part of our team that develops everything from simple direct mail pieces, to sophisticated annual reports. Every day will be different at Pixa. No two clients or projects will be the same. As a boutique agency you will get to work directly with our Account Team and at times directly with our clients.
We are big enough to offer a real benefits package but small enough that you still matter. If you think you are a fit, please send your resume and a link to your portfolio.
This position will require full time hours and that typically means 8:00 – 5:00. The good news is that we value balance, and when it’s time to go home we want you to be able to leave work behind.
We built Pixa for people who want to be part of a community rather than part of a business. We are a community of craftsmen and creatives. A community of professionals and ambassadors. But more importantly, we are a community of Moms and Dads, Sisters and Brothers. We are a community of photographers and derby girls, basketball coaches and foodies. We know that what makes Pixa special is not what we do, but rather who we are.
We believe that what makes Pixa great is our team and that’s why we put our PEOPLE FIRST. We are hardwired for connection and curiosity. We know that everyone comes to the table with a different view of the world and we think diverse perspectives make us better. We think it should be self-evident that we respect one another. And most importantly, we think life should be fun. We know they call it work for a reason, but we believe we are more effective when we let loose sometimes.
Many say that we are CLEVER. While we are grounded enough to be practical, we are creative. We have an undying belief that with enough time and enough collaboration, we can solve any problem. This is because we are fanatics about learning, and live to understand. We think it’s fun to figure stuff out. We apply insights, analyze data, and devise brilliant ways to help our clients. The truth is we are problem solving junkies.
We believe in taking risks, some would even say we are DARING. We think it’s ok to fail sometimes, because if you don’t have some setbacks, you are not pushing hard enough, and if you’re not pushing hard enough, you are not growing.
Depending on Experience