Materials Planner (#1257)
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a Materials Planner who will be responsible for assembly purchasing and scheduling for a growing EV infrastructure company offering excellent benefits, great environment and work-life balance.
First shift, Monday through Friday.
This is a dual role that also requires that the proper amount and type of material has been ordered from the supply base. The successful candidate will collaborate with all departments to coordinate the flow of required raw materials, maintain proper inventory levels, and schedule production labor to facilitate on-time delivery of customer orders.
As a facility (plant) start-up within an established and growing company, we are seeking individuals that enjoy taking on diverse responsibilities and ability to adapt to changing conditions. This is a unique opportunity to join a cutting-edge organization in the next automotive revolution. Does a challenging role with work-life balance sound ideal? We want to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Plan, prepare, issue and control production schedules and coordinate with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials are timed to meet production requirements.
- Support the procurement plan in conjunction with the production master plan and qualified suppliers for the Michigan facility.
- Place purchase orders, track and maintain dates in the ERP system.
- Ensure the procurement and availability of raw materials, products, equipment, plant supplies, components and other items when required.
- Ensure maintenance of procurement parameters in ERP (MOQ, Lead time, cost. safety stock).
- Support and maintain good relationships with our supplier partners.
- Develop and track performance indicators and take actions to achieve targets. Take charge of the logistical aspect of raw material supply, in particular; establish the means and processes to efficiently import purchased raw materials.
- Actively participate in the export strategy of the products.
- Apply the optimal inventory strategy in line with the organization's objectives in order to maintain an inventory level that allows for efficient turnover rates.
- Conduct research and solicit bids.
- Verify that suppliers' proposals comply with requests and requirements.
- Resolve issues related to late deliveries, non-conforming goods, etc.
- Perform any other related duties
- Schedule equipment and personnel, confirm material supply and demands, prepare work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Advise management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in material planning and/or scheduling.
- Proficiency in ERP software, as well as the Office suite (Excel).
- Problem solving and data analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexible and team focused.
- English (oral and written).
- Experience in the automotive industry.
- Training in MOQ, ROP, Kanban, Lean manufacturing.
- Green belt 6 sigma.
Pivotal Talent Search
AddressAuburn Hills, MI
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?