Pivotal Talent Search Lake Success, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a resourceful, forward-thinking, and committed Assistant Controller. We require someone with strong analytical, technology, communication, and organization skills that can make an immediate impact.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements to summarize and forecast the company's financial status.
- Produces and manages balance sheets and analyze future earnings and expenses.
- Assists with management of accounting, auditing, and budgeting within the organization.
- Assists with preparations for audits.
- Works to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Ensures compliance with and prepare reports according to applicable government regulations.
- Uses accounting software to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Delegates accounting tasks to junior accounting staff.
- Coordinates with and prepares reports for Controller, CFO, and upper management.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Works with leadership on ad hoc projects for joint ventures and other company initiatives.
- Interfaces with other departments to solve problems and assist in key decision making.
WHO YOU ARE: Experiences, Qualifications and Traits
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required along with CPA certification. Graduate degree in accounting or MBA preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in general accounting or public
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, and US GAAP
- Experience with SEC reporting and SOX Compliance
- Highly organized, analytical, and detail oriented
- Strong management skills of simultaneous work streams and deadline management
- Self-started that can build from the ground up and work in fast moving environments
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Changes course easily – Knows when to be patient and when to push – Works well in the gray – Owns mistakes and learns from them – Balances multiple priorities
- Takes initiative, doesn't wait for direction – Builds for the future – Takes personal ownership and accountability – Is resourceful in getting things done
- Is self-aware and open-minded – Integrates the perspectives of others – Is direct but respectful – Communicates cross functionally – Knows when to get people involved and when to make a decision – Takes an inclusive approach
Customer & Brand Focused
- Makes decisions in the best interest of the company and our customers – Focuses on internal and external customers
Live our Values
It's not just what you do, but how you do it – Contributes to a positive and productive environment
Deep Functional Expertise
- Has the skills necessary to perform the job – Keeps current on trends, skills, and practices – Puts learning into practice
- Sets team goals and roles – Develops, motivates and empowers – Delivers constructive and encouraging feedback – Holds people accountable for results – Recognizes high performance
Challenges the current point of view – Puts changes in context for the team – Executes changes that impact the business – Is proactive and positive – Listens to and keeps the team up to speed
Pivotal Talent Search
AddressLake Success, NY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Pivotal Talent Search