Applications Engineer, Key Client Solutions (#1224)
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a talented and business-oriented engineer to join our team and support the development of our branded networks. The role will require the individual to become a product expert who can manage and drive the continued evolution of our application engineering services in the Eastern US region, primarily in the greater New York City metro area.
This person must have strong technical skills and a track record of supporting sales and product teams as the key customer-facing technical advisor and product advocate. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organization that is pioneering electric vehicle charging infrastructure across North America.
BY JOINING OUR TEAM, YOU WILL:
- Partner closely with sales account managers to build the sales pipeline by providing technical leadership to help translate the full value solutions for existing and new customers.
- Develop a strong collaborative and consultative relationship with key customers and technical stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with and train specifiers such as electrical engineers, electrical contractors, and architects on our technical solutions.
- Conduct regular business reviews with key accounts to maximize selling opportunities and potential profit generating solutions.
- Work with the Product and R&D Engineering teams to develop a comprehensive understanding of our technology to support sales and business development activities, including training electrical engineers during the specification process.
- Work with the Product and Design teams to evaluate customer requirements and industry trends with a focus on providing reliable solutions to technical issues throughout all stages of the sales process.
- Assist in bringing new products to market and coordinate the implementation of technology pilot projects that demonstrate the value of our products and services to key customers such as utilities.
- Engage with the Sales and Product teams to develop new processes and tools such as application notes and design guidelines to help customers understand our products and services.
- Report challenges with recommended solutions and highlight product improvements to the Product team to help drive innovation.
- Act as the single point of contact for the deployment of our technical solutions.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of customer proposals such as Requests For Proposal and Requests For Quotation, and various other business development initiatives that require technical expertise.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in databases.
WHO YOU AREYou thrive in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (preferably electrical, software), technical field, or equivalent successful experience in a similar industry role.
- 5+ years work experience in engineering services.
- You're service-oriented, with experience supporting sales in SaaS and hardware products that are targeted towards municipalities/cities, utilities, fleets, and commercial clientele.
- Experienced working with electrical plans and architectural drawings and have a working knowledge of electrical power distribution systems in buildings.
- Experienced as a solutions architect and in API management.
- A solid understanding of energy management and network communications technologies.
- Experience with analyzing, visualizing and presenting data for customer insights.
- You enjoy meeting with clients across the Eastern US region.
- You're a strategic listener, effective communicator who is detail-oriented and able to act on your own initiative.
- Last, but not least, you're super organized, able to manage multiple accounts and projects in different stages.
- Competitive total reward and benefits package
- Flexible hours
- Group Insurance
- Extra days to recharge additional to vacations
- A supportive and collaborative work environment with room to grow!
Pivotal Talent Search
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Pivotal Talent Search