Software Support Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Software Support Analyst
The Software Support Analyst role is to provide assistance advice and solutions for computer software problems that support core organizational functions and assure their high availability. This individual will investigate problems, identify root causes, and suggest solutions and pathways to resolution. In addition, this position will add and develop new functions and tools to existing software through redesign and programming.
- Maintain and troubleshoot current computer software tools
- Handle software-related requests for assistance
- Analyze software-related issues and propose solutions
- Fix software problems and test solutions prior to implementation
- Obtain and log user feedback for purpose of process improvement initiatives
- Develop, document, train and communicate software use and enhancements
- Work with System Architect to resolve and maintain integration between platforms
- Research and present options for software redesign or enhancement to improve function or system functionality to system architect and director of IT for review and implementation
- Confer with end-users and leadership to define business requirements for complex systems; process and develop tools and recommendations for implementation
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary
- Provide guidance to other members of the technology team
- Provide excellent customer service and technical assistance to members and employees via phone, email, chat and web platforms
- Document, track and monitor support requests to provide prompt, accurate solutions and look for patterns that might indicate an improvement opportunity
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices
- Proven project planning and management experience
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Hands-on experience with gathering and analyzing business requirements
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on relationship-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to learn other applications that are part of business operations and provide support
- Strong analytic abilities with strong problem-solving and creative-thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, programming, software engineering, database administration; or comparable experience in Information Technology related to tools listed in job description
- Advanced experience with SQL, including: writing and developing SQL queries, developing and maintaining stored procedures, scheduling tasks, troubleshooting and resolving database issues
- Experience with remote desktop controls solutions
- 3+ years of experience working in software environment
- Crystal Report and/or SSRS experience
- Programming skills with .net, C, Java, and XML
Pivotal Solutions, Inc.Why Work Here?
Stable and growing organization.
AddressDes Moines, IA
TechnologyView all jobs at Pivotal Solutions, Inc.