- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Network Engineer is responsible for installing, configuring, and supporting local and wide area network infrastructure equipment and supporting systems. This position will require working with internal staff, external partners, and third-party service providers to coordinate network infrastructure activities and to effectively troubleshoot problems as they arise.
This position is part of the Information Technology team, located in Springfield, Illinois and reports to the Chief Technology Officer who reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain complex switching and routing environments using routers, firewalls, LAN switches, and VLANs
- Administer network operations monitoring systems
- Administer multi-site LAN/WAN network systems
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of access control lists, intrusion prevention systems, and secure configuration standards
- Respond to inquiries from internal staff, service providers, and PPI Member Co-Op staff for technical assistance and support
- Perform after-hours equipment installation and maintenance and respond to after-hours equipment/service interruptions
- Maintain comprehensive documentation including network diagrams, configuration standard procedures, and IP address assignments
- Serve as a subject matter expert for network-related NERC CIP standard requirements
- Ensures compliance to standards for all systems administered
- Any other duties as assigned by management
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of an Associate's degree in Information Systems or other computer related field
- At least three years of experience in an IT environment
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Working knowledge of Cisco switches, routers, Cisco ASA, and IPSec VPN technologies
- The ability to bend, squat, crawl or climb 20-30% of the time and lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid Illinois Class D Driver's License
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of:
- Routing protocols (HSRP, OSPF, BGP)
- WAN technologies (Fiber, MPLS/VPLS, Cellular, Microwave)
- Fortinet FortiGate firewalls
- VMware ESXi / vCenter
- Storage Area Networks
- Demonstrated experience with the following:
- Implementing and maintaining Cisco ASA firewalls and FirePower modules
- Using SolarWinds applications for network monitoring
- Implementing VPN technologies
- Performing network traces
- Using Microsoft Visio
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot with strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong service orientation and customer service skills
Pivotal Solutions, Inc.Why Work Here?
Stable and growing organization.
TechnologyView all jobs at Pivotal Solutions, Inc.