Director of Finance - San Leandro, CA
Director of Finance
Join our team to lead our Finance/Accounting department. This position reports to the CEO.
Full Time with excellent compensation and company-paid benefits!
The Finance Director will direct day-to-day fiscal and accounting operations, billing, contracts and financial reporting. Supervise accounting staff, work closely with the program directors to ensure that financial goals are met, and assists with building a strong business infrastructure, and effective fiscal and accounting operations.
- Direct, manage, coordinate, and review all accounting functions, including financial reporting, accounts receivable/billing, accounts payable, and federal/state/city reporting requirements.
- Ensure the highest standards of integrity in financial reports, including compliance requirements.
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments and industry best practices.
- Produce timely and accurate financial reports for different stakeholders, including internal managers, the board of directors and the Executive Leadership team.
- Hire, mentor, and train accounting team members. Develop goals, conduct performance appraisals, and provide guidance and feedback.
- Update and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Educate agency staff to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Work with and train department leaders to ensure that they have accurate information and skills to manage their department budget and financial goals.
- Manage agency cash flow, including weekly and monthly reporting.
- Coordinate and lead all audit activities, including annual financial and contract audits, timely submission of all required filings.
- Interact effectively with financial vendors, including banking services, funders and auditors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of related experience
- Financial and accounting experience at an organization with multiple revenue streams
- Understanding of GAAP and special accounting needs within the non-profits 501(c)(3) environments, including restricted funds and grants
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and ability to present information clearly and effectively to internal and external partners
- Strong planning and implementing financial controls and processes
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands, deadlines, and priorities
- Maintain positive, collaborative and productive working relationships across the agency
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Pivotal Solutions, Inc.San Leandro, CA
Finance and InsuranceView All Pivotal Solutions, Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.