Our client who is located on the heart of downtown Louisville Kentucky are looking to hire a Plant Engineering Manager for there food manufacturing facility. In this role you will be reporting to the Chief of Staff, the ideal candidate will effectively lead a team and communicate short term and long-term goals
In this role you must be able to provides leadership to the plant and maintenance departments through overseeing the development of technical maintenance systems and cultural growth of the team members.
As the Plant Engineering Manager you will be responsible for improving plant availability, asset utilization, efficiency and capability by implementing proven professional maintenance and reliability centered improvement processes.
- Supervise, evaluate, motivate and train personnel on process and procedures to ensure work is completed efficiently, effectively and safely
- Liaises with both the Production and Maintenance Department to communicate equipment issues, assign urgency level to equipment breakdowns, and prioritize maintenance work orders.
- Work closely with 2 other Plant Managers, 2 Maintenance Leads and the CFO by assisting in prioritizing production jobs based on shipping schedules; communicating personnel and equipment deficiencies; communicating existing or potential raw material shortages.
- Ensure that corrective actions address root causes and are completed in a timely and customer responsive manner. Along with insuring that facilities are maintained and improved as required, including good housekeeping, general appearance, landscaping, and that routine maintenance is completed as required.
- Manage any statutory inspections, liaisons with insurance companies and other duties in this area.
- Ensure that the MAINTelligence database is maintained and kept up to date to include preventative maintenance, spare parts, and suppliers.
- Must be able to lead equipment failure investigations for heavy/repetitive breakdowns to prevent recurrence accompanied with strong project Management skills and abilities to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet objectives and key deadlines.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in chemical, mechanical, or reliability engineering or equivalent experience leading a Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM) program working in food manufacturing with 3 years of experience in plant maintenance and/or plant reliability roles.
- Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professional (SMRP) certification is a BONUS!!!
- Must have the basic understanding of instrumental and electrical equipment and be able to demonstrated experience in analysis of plant maintenance data such as repair history, cost of ownership analysis, failure rates, operating points.
- Must have the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively, while utilizing discretion and good judgment along with excellent written and verbal communication skills required; demonstrated team player and have the ability to manage multiple priorities with pressured deadlines
- Must have strong knowledge and ability to use internal ERP technology platform along with basic Lean Six Sigma principles and methodologies, Kaizen, 5S and Continuous Improvement
If your looking for an attractive salary, bonus and benefits package and to develop your career within a growing company please reach out to me today. I do look forward to hearing from you!!!!