Pivot Staffing is Now Hiring Multiple Punch Press (Turret) Operators
Pay:$10.50- $13 after hired in
Shift: Monday-Friday 2:30pm-11pm
This position is responsible for preparing raw steel, aluminum, or stainless steel up to 1/4” thick, and finished product to correct length and shape according to customer requirements using a CNC Punch Press machine tool and edit programs for tooling location assignment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Setup, program-edit and run proficiently the assigned CNC Punch Press machine.
- Load, install and correctly set up the tools required with some assistance from supervisor/lead.
- Understand and perform knowledge of machine codes and tooling test hits.
- Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues.
- Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
- Must be willing to learn and operate other fabrication equipment including drill presses, chop saw, CNC Brake Press, CO2 Laser and insertion press.
- Must be able to finish product with grinders, sanders and hand tools.
- Perform daily maintenance to assigned equipment to keep in proper working order.
- Has the ability to read blueprints to ascertain correct specifications and perform in-process inspections.
- Safely move material using forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Cleans and maintains an orderly work area using the 5S procedure set up.
- Assist other individuals in area when needed.
- Communicates effectively with other workers to direct personal workflow.
- Promotes teamwork, effective communication, and adherence to company policies, process, and procedures.
Education and Experience
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent may be required.
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, tape measure, calipers, and other shop drawing aids.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures.
- Safety conscious behavior.
- Excellent attendance.
- Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 10 hours per day.
- Close mental and visual attention required, coordinating manual dexterity with mental and visual attention for sustained periods of time.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen.
Why Work Here?
Very professional, very clean, multi million dollar company with room for advancement!