Technical Sales Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Pivot International is a leading global product development, design, engineering, and manufacturing firm based in Lenexa, KS, with offices throughout the US, Europe, Mexico, and Asia. We offer a unique suite of product design services with the expertise to deliver only the most effective solutions. We have enjoyed explosive growth in recent years and know that our employees are our most valuable resource and continue to be the driving force behind our success. We strive to provide a collaborative work environment and are always searching for top talent.
The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining Pivot clients and improving the company’s revenue stream. The Technical Sales Specialist is expected to identify client needs and accurately match Pivot products and services to those needs, avoid post-sale problems by maintaining timely communication with the client, and grow the profitability of accounts through double-win relationship-building.
1. Client Contact -- Regularly interacts with specific clients to determine needs while building consultative relationships. Responsible for identifying opportunities to garner additional business. Serves as client’s 24-hour emergency contact and overall administrator.
2. New Business Development -- Participates with the Client Services staff in closing new prospects.
3. Problem-Solving -- Understands and is familiar with Pivot products and services; successfully sells these products and services to solve client problems.
4. Financial -- Recommends pricing and terms and conditions for Senior Management review prior to implementation; writes RFQs, proposals and quotes for new projects; negotiates pricing and terms with clients; and prepares sales forecasts for accounts, as required. Drives toward maximizing corporate profitability while working within the constraints of limited resources.
5. Scheduling -- Works with Team Leaders/Project Managers to set project priorities and resolve timeline conflicts; negotiates long lead-time raw materials with clients; negotiates schedule changes and subsequent charges with clients; advises clients on lead times; monitors deliveries against contractual deadlines.
6. Client Satisfaction -- Wins trust of client and secondary decision-makers as well as internal staff; responsible for Pivot meeting client expectations; effectively resolves complaints. Effectively manages client expectations.
7. Communication -- Serves as primary communication channel with the client; clearly communicates client needs and concerns; prepares reports on account status, as necessary.
8. Other -- Handles other duties and responsibilities as needed.
The Technical Sales Specialist has no direct supervisory duties, but is expected to exhibit leadership behavior on Project Teams handling client work. Responsibilities include making goals clear and attainable, building a sense of community and purpose, clearly communicating client needs and providing regular feedback, facilitating team meetings, reducing problems, eliminating conflict and fostering a collaborative environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Education Required:
1. Education & Experience: Degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years of experience in an applicable field of endeavor.
· Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients and internal audiences.
· Able to write reports and business correspondence.
· Able to read, analyze and interpret technical materials.
3. Reasoning Ability:
· Able to probe client needs and apply Pivot products and services to solve problems.
· Able to effectively deal with problems involving several variables.
· Demonstrates logical thinking processes.
· Able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
· Manages details without losing sight of overall goals.
5. Computer Skills:
· Intermediate personal computer skills, including e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets.
· Ability/attitude to learn new programs.
· Possesses excellent people skills, high degree of competence in developing and maintaining relationships.
· Takes initiative.
· Flexible – easily handles changes in direction and changing priorities
· Possesses or desires to learn effective negotiation and closing skills.
Extensive travel required. May include international travel.
11030 Strang Line RdLenexa, KS
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?